Sneakers on the dawn

amaretto

Can someone please tell me if sneakers are considered resort casual? I know we're not allowed jeans or tanks during dinner...but are sneakers allowed? I don't want to be kicked out of the restaurant because I am wearing the wrong shoes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

For me the beauty of the Dawn and freestyle cruising is the ability to wear what you want, when you want (with the exception of jeans or shorts in the dinning room for dinner). Your sneakers will be just fine, if that is what you choose to wear. Last year I saw lots of men and women alike in sneakers with either their pants (men) or their capri's (women). As long as they are neat (not the old go to the gym sneakers) you will have no problem. Be comfortable.....your on vacation :)

Dressing resort casual gives you a wonderful variety of appropiate clothing choices. Last year on the Dawn (my first time with freestyle) I packed the usual dresses, and one formal dress for dinner....I came home with most of them unused....it was so nice to be able to go to the dinning room in a nice capri outfit and a pair of sandels...so relaxing not to have to fuss. This year I came leaving home 1/2 of my previous wardrobe hehe

Have fun

Debbie

Hi Amaretto

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but i wore white sneakers in the dining room on Crown last month for 3 of the dinners in the main dining room... i was concerned also that i would be reprimanded, but figured i would give it a try, the worse that could happen is i would go back to the cabin and put on my dress shoes... No one said anything, and i don't even think anyone noticed...my feet were aching by dinner time from walking around town (Bermuda) all day.. so i wore the sneakers in the evening.... Have a great cruise!!! Helen

Archived