Hotel to spend the day at

kmezz

We just got back from a cruise that stopped in Freeport. We went to the Sheridan at Lucaya. It was great. It cost $20 for the day and you got a lounge chair, towel, use of the beach, the pool, the water slide and facilities. It was worth the $20 but....If you don't need a chair and can use your towel I wouldn't even pay the $20. Nobody would know that you aren't a guest at the hotel. If you pay the $20 you get a wrist band but if you don't have one it doesn't matter because all of the hotel guests don't have them either. We rented a chair for my mom and my son used the wristband and we got one for my husband. I didn't have one and I could still use the beach and pool.

My adivce - use a towel and save yourself $20. Spend it across the street where there is a lot of shopping.

$5 cab fare from the ship to the hotel.

Enjoy.

• 1 month later...
The beach is the best in the area. Beautiful. Lots of water sports. No real snorkeling. We just spent 4 days there Memorial Day weekend. The Lucaya site has both a Westin and the Sheraton and they share the facilities. There is even a changing locker room on the first floor East wing of the Sheraton which we used after we had checked out and had a late flight back. For a view of the area see [url="http://www.starwood.com/sheraton/search/hotel_detail.html?requestedChainCode=SI&requestedAffiliationCode=SI&goToRooms=yes&lengthOfStay=1&numberOfRooms=1&numberOfAdults=1&arrivalDate=2004-06-03&departureDate=2004-06-04&rpoi=&propertyID=1456&rcdi=&linkbrand=&fromSearch=22XX&sherlockRatePlanID=&sherlockMiniRate=&sherlockRoomType=&sherlockBedType=&iATANumber=&corporateAccountNumber=&propertyDistance=&propertyDistanceInUnits=&requestType=page&page=&ratePlanName=&roomOccupancyTotal=1"]http://www.starwood.com/sheraton/search/hotel_detail.html?requestedChainCode=SI&requestedAffiliationCode=SI&goToRooms=yes&lengthOfStay=1&numberOfRooms=1&numberOfAdults=1&arrivalDate=2004-06-03&departureDate=2004-06-04&rpoi=&propertyID=1456&rcdi=&linkbrand=&fromSearch=22XX&sherlockRatePlanID=&sherlockMiniRate=&sherlockRoomType=&sherlockBedType=&iATANumber=&corporateAccountNumber=&propertyDistance=&propertyDistanceInUnits=&requestType=page&page=&ratePlanName=&roomOccupancyTotal=1[/url]

Royal Clipper 12/01
Golden Princess 3/02
Galaxy 6/02
OceanBreeze 8/02
Legend 12/02
Grandeur 4/03
NCL Dream 12/03
Maasdam 2/21/04
SunPrincess 12/12/04
Zenith 2/05

Archived