HELP My worst nightmare/Elation,Riviera deck, last cabin

Seayalater

I sailed last December aboard the Paradise in cabin M269. OV overlooking the wake. The Paradise is a twin to the Elation right down to the propulsion system. We had a little vibration, nothing serious except when docking in Ensenada and back in Long Beach. The only other issue we had was arriving and leaving Ensenada we could smell diesel. The smell went away quickly. I liked the aft cabins, almost no foot traffic and you head straight up and you are at the lido restaurant.

When are you sailing? I'm headed out on the 01/07/08 sailing of the Elation and have family members in aft cabins on Empress deck. I will see how it goes with them and let you know.

Don't worry..You will have a fantastic time.

Hi Cruise Guy,

We are sailing the 7th too!!!!!!!You have a fantastic time too.

We were just on the Inspiration and although we were told by our PVP that we rated and would get an upgrade, we were on the Riveria deck and were in Cabins 248 and 244 - the last cabins back with an oceanview. We had no problems - the noise was not bad - it was smooth sailing - Unlike our first cruise on the Sensation on the Upper Deck at the very front of the ship -cabin U6 - VERY ROCKY!

Help Anyone!!

We are booked on the last cabin in back on the Elation to Mexico in January

and on the bottom deck Riviera.

This is my worst nightmare.

Anyone have any advice or words to calm me down?

maria

I wish I could assuage your fears, but I'm not going to be able to.

The Paradise, I am pretty sure, is nearly identical to the Elation. My husband I had the very last cabin aft, port side, on the Paradise last Labor Day weekend cruise. From the time they started up the engines there was some god-awful noise from whatever was beyond that "restricted personnel only" sign next to our cabin...the nearest description we could come up with was that it sounded like a bowling ball being dropped onto a metal deck from about 6 feet...Every. Five. Seconds.

I worried that we would NEVER get to sleep. But you'd be surprised what you can sleep through if you are exhausted enough.

But we did not linger in our cabin AT ALL. The people in the cabin next to us (and at least they had our cabin as a buffer from the noise) said it kept them up all night, too.

I hope that isn't the case for you, but it sure was for us.

We were just on the Inspiration and although we were told by our PVP that we rated and would get an upgrade, we were on the Riveria deck and were in Cabins 248 and 244 - the last cabins back with an oceanview. We had no problems - the noise was not bad - it was smooth sailing - Unlike our first cruise on the Sensation on the Upper Deck at the very front of the ship -cabin U6 - VERY ROCKY!

We're in the same cabin you were. We will be in the Pacific though.

Heck, I'm just happy to get out of the midwest snow & ice and COLD!!

• 2 weeks later...
Help Anyone!!

maria

OH Boy, what a worry wart. This was one of the best cruises I took. Our room was fine, seas were rough the 1st night but overall we had a blast. And

the oroms were SO quiet. I may always ask for this room.

Thanks to all who answered me questions.

Help Anyone!!

maria

You will be fine, what Date are you going? i will be on the Elation 1-26.

On the Elation it really doesn't matter what floor you are on because most of the cabins are inside anyway, i am on Upper deck in an inside, everyone on our Roll call is in an inside cabin.

You won't feel as much movement on a lower beck vs. at the top of the ship.

Stay calm and have a great cruise.

hey all

thanks for all the replys.

We booked thru Expedia on a cheap fare, last minute spur of the moment. This is our 7th cruise and we have always booked through a travel agent, so we have known our rooms and deck for months. I just have never been so low on the ship, at the very back and I worry about motion sickness. I have never been to the Pacific. I guessed I phrased it wrong. I just wanted advice.

We usually book the cheap seats and have stayed in R64 and R66 on the ELATION with no problems, but they are in the center of the ship. Some of our friends that are prone to motion sickness have sailed with us without any major problems.

By the way, they prefer the wrist bands over the Bonine.;)

hey all

thanks for all the replys.

We booked thru Expedia on a cheap fare, last minute spur of the moment. This is our 7th cruise and we have always booked through a travel agent, so we have known our rooms and deck for months. I just have never been so low on the ship, at the very back and I worry about motion sickness. I have never been to the Pacific. I guessed I phrased it wrong. I just wanted advice.

I almost forgot to tell you, being low in the ship is a good thing. You walk farther so you get to eat more, there is less movement and since you are in the cheap seats, you get to leave the ship last. Yes, life is good.

Just got back yesterday from Ecstasy. Our cabin was R235. That is the second to the last cabin, inside on the Riviera Deck. I, like you, was worried also, but no need! It was great. I recently sailed Caribbean Princess, balcony, mid ship. The movement/noise was about the same! The only thing I may say is that the movement on the Ecstasy Riviera cabin was more of a slight rumble than a gentle sway, but it provided great sleep. Don't worry, have a great time! :cool:

Archived