Calling all Pacific Dawn Maiden Voyagers....Where's your review?

Brushtail

I have just re-read my review of W735, 9 November 2007, and it made me smile. What a great time we had. :D

But then I thought of you all.

Icemaiden

Charlie Girl

Dogboy53

Epal

Karmac

Pistnbroke

Brocky

Shuuboxx

BillnGwen

Newlyweds

Shell

Kazza1

Sailawaysally

Vicblue

Where are all the reviews? :eek:

I know that Charlie Girl and Dogboy53 started one but they never finished it. Where's the rest?

So c'mon, get writing. :)

I have just re-read my review of W735, 9 November 2007, and it made me smile. What a great time we had. :D

Icemaiden

Charlie Girl

Dogboy53

Epal

Karmac

Pistnbroke

Brocky

Shuuboxx

BillnGwen

Newlyweds

Shell

Kazza1

Sailawaysally

Vicblue

I know that Charlie Girl and Dogboy53 started one but they never finished it. Where's the rest?

Hi Jen,

I'm sorry, but things have been busy, xmas coming and all.

I will be trying to get it done when I break up for xmas, I promise...:) :)

Don

And those of us left behind are still waiting for photos off some people too!!:D ;)

Would be great to get different perspectives. The highs the lows, the pros the cons etc.:)

Are you talkin' to me? :D

Here is the link to my photos on Webshots. I have only done about half of them as it is hard finding time. :o It takes hours. There is only 89 of them up there and I have hundreds more.

Hopefully I will be able to finish them soon. Unfortunately I only get 2 days off over Christmas. :(

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561634113ZVQEnN

Here is the link to my photos on Webshots. I have only done about half of them as it is hard finding time. :o It takes hours. There is only 89 of them up there and I have hundreds more.

Hopefully I will be able to finish them soon. Unfortunately I only get 2 days off over Christmas. :(

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

Steve.

Glad to see a review (of sorts) at last, especially like the photos. Am booked for the W823 cruise next October 3 and have been anxiously waiting for this type of post.

Am still waiting to catch up with DogBoy53, but have not sighted him back at our gym since his return.

Regards

Kelly14

Great photos Jen, really enjoyed reminissing. Makes me remember that I have to put all mine from Feb this year into their albums!! I love the shot of the water from the back of the boat. I always take one of that shot.

Kerri

Icemaiden

Charlie Girl

Dogboy53

Epal

Karmac

Pistnbroke

Brocky

Shuuboxx

BillnGwen

Newlyweds

Shell

Kazza1

Sailawaysally

Vicblue

Hi Jen

I'll have a go at writing bit more review

After seeing P/Sun sail out we did a bit more dancing and drinking

Then time to wave goodbye to Chez and others on shore it was a great sail away.

Noumea we went on Cheese and Wine tasting tour on lovely a/c bus.

We stopped at 2 lookouts on the way. Took some great photos

Elaine (Epal) and Franco was with us. We tasted 5 diffrent wines and cheeses

I think it was worth the money.You had as much wine as you liked not just one.The host was a great guy.

Each night we all meet to eat dinner together Jenny& Phil Don& K.A Jen (icy)

Michelle, had good time talking and laughing.We would plan what some of us would do together that night.(Show, Dome,ect)

We had a few good theme nights. 50's, 70's C/Western 2 Formals.

Dravini was great Jen don and jim and I went together it was a bit wet and miserable but we stuck around took video of little kids in school they are so cute. Sun came out we went snorkling water was fantastic Meet up with Jenny and Phil Had great day.

Suva we went to South Pearl Resort very nice used pool price included lunch

There was Jen (Icy) don K/A Elaine Franco Again had a great day

On way to resort our guide gave us a very interesting talk about history of Suva.

Yasawa-I- Rawa was Jim's favorite island. It was really lovely. Went snorkeling the water was beautiful lots of fish. After we swam and snorkeled

we went back to ship had lunch and went back to island did some shopping

brought some jewellery and grass skirts for grandaughters.I think you will enjoy this Island too.

Villa we were just going to do some sight seeing and shopping But on shore

we meet up with the lovely Jenny who invited us to come to Irriki Island we them and Don and Keeri-Anne. We raced quickly back on to ship to get

snorkeling gear swimmers ect. We got in a van costing $2 each which took us to were we caught the free ferry over to Irriki where we were meet by friendly guys (and we were only day trippers) This guy took us all around resort stopping to let us take photos vids we were on a 6/8 seat type colf buggy. He showed us where to go snorkeling. Which we walked back to went snorkeling.Then back to resort where we could use pool. Had a great lunch (buffet style) $30 each. Had band of islanders singing (what more could you ask for for $32 each) for a fantastic day with some great people.

Back in Villa we did some duty free shopping. Got van back to ship.

What a great day (thanks Jenny and Phil) Ok to be cont:: :

Jen,those buggies Phil was on, are there plenty for hire? Or do you have to get in early?

Den.

Hi Den,

Phil says there were 3 of them lined up when we saw them. Some may have been out and about already. They were expensive, from memory about $60.00 for an hour - something like that.

I was too wimpy to get in one and hoon around so Phil just sat in it for the photo. :o

great overview Charlie Girl

we are heading off in Feb for 13 nights and your information has been helpful. ta

Your welcome I just hope I can remember more I certainly do the times

that were great and with good company.

Were you interested in any of the shore tours Both were worth the dollars.

And Irriki Island was FANTASTIC

Cheers Gail:D

Ok heres a bit more review

Because of bad weather and choppy seas tenders could not be put down

and for passengers safety captain made the decision not to go to Mystery Island I was disappointed but safety should always come first.

Then we went to Isle of Pines we had a wonderfull day again with Jen (Icy)

Jenny& Phil Don & Kerry-Anne. Swimming and snorkling. As you have seen from video we fed the fish. What a buzz that was. I've never seen so many fish up so close I even patted some of them:eek: .We went to one of the resorts and brougt a beer and coke $8 each only a very small can YIPES

I took a photo of my most expensive can of drink LOL. After a great day we went back to ship.Then as we know our next stop was Sydney so for the next couple of days we enjoyed each others company had some more fun

a few drinks feds and laughs before the day came to say goodbye and disembark.

After breakfast that dreaded day we went looking for a place to sit to wait for our coloured ticket to be called. As we walked up to the Promanade Bar

we saw Jen (Icy) and her famous room mate LOL.We went inside when seats were available. Then Jim got phone call on mobile it was Karan Karmac asking where we were. She came and said goodbye to us which was so great that we got to say aproper goodbye to her.

Then our colour was called and we sadly had to say goodbye to our dear Icy

We all had a tear in our eyes as we hugged goodbye:(

We caught a taxi to central station to catch train home to Newcaslte

Well I hope you enjoyed this review .We loved our beautiful P/ Dawn even with her few hickups We look forward to our next cruise on her in March 2009

Cheers guys for now I've enjoyed sharing our wonderful time with you.

Charlie Girl you mentioned a video in ur review, showing the fish.

Would love to have a look. Is there a link on one of the threads here?

Glad you enjoyed Pacific Dawn. Can't wait to sail on her next week!

Yes go to Everyones Video there is a link there.

Cheers Gail

Well hello everyone I had forgotten how good it is to read reviews and see some pictures (Ours are still in the camera ) I they say no rest for the wicked and well I have been just full on since returning home and have felt quite down, thanks to friends The Billgwens who rang me and reminded me to come on line and check out brushtails photos the are fantastic and While Ive only a couple of moments I will try and catch up with all the gossip By the way Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year

PS will try to write a brief review shortly

Thank you sooooo much for posting your great pics. I looked at every one and they brought back recent memories when I was on the last cruise of the Regal Princess. I was on the Regal once for 3 months and two other times for one month each. Total on the Regal was 9 voyages so I know that ship stem to stern. Loved the changes they made, especially the Dome-wow! The Bengal Bar was also wonderfully redecorated and happy to see they didn't get rid of the tiger. I would have bought it if there had been an auction. Lots of romantic memories in that bar. Can't wait to read all of your reports. Ok, I give......what's a "tinkers camp"?

Linda from San Diego, California

Your welcome I just hope I can remember more I certainly do the times

that were great and with good company.

Were you interested in any of the shore tours Both were worth the dollars.

And Irriki Island was FANTASTIC

Cheers Gail:D

thanks Gail, We are currently trying to arrange a shore tour via emal, pick up and drop of at boat visit the sights, tour of Island suggested but I am going let them know what we want to do. it is in a new bus with AC and costs 12000 for a group of six of us. will complete negotiations after they come back from xmas break. I was in VILA for honeymoon 17 years ago, so it should be special going back after all these years.

Well hello everyone I had forgotten how good it is to read reviews and see some pictures (Ours are still in the camera ) I they say no rest for the wicked and well I have been just full on since returning home and have felt quite down, thanks to friends The Billgwens who rang me and reminded me to come on line and check out brushtails photos the are fantastic and While Ive only a couple of moments I will try and catch up with all the gossip By the way Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year

PS will try to write a brief review shortly

Hi Elaine glad to hear from you. If you go to Everyones videos you will find

some of ours have a watch. I tried to send you a E.mail the other day

came back not sent.Hope your not feeling so down now? Have you thought

about March 2009. We are going think about it.It's called Samoan Surprise

17 days should be great

Ok cheers for now cruising buddies Give Franco a good day from us.

LUV Gail and Jim

xxx:) :D :)

Thank you sooooo much for posting your great pics. Ok, I give......what's a "tinkers camp"?

Linda from San Diego, California

Hi Linda,

A Tinkers camp is probably an English term. I should've called it a bush camp.

It just means a rough and ready camp site with no class or style. (sorry to those in the photo...... :D )

The resort on Isle of Pines is 5 star, we walked along the beach until we got to the sign, the resort was just metres away from us.

We set up camp just next to the sign.

Note the difference........ ;)

2128981289_5563736b48.jpg?v=0

2128979563_160f20a2bf.jpg?v=0

2129754704_11f1d912ec.jpg?v=0

I can't understand why the Resort didn't want us on their part of the beach. :eek: We even had our own towels.

Hi Linda,

A Tinkers camp is probably an English term. I should've called it a bush camp.

It just means a rough and ready camp site with no class or style. (sorry to those in the photo...... :D )

The resort on Isle of Pines is 5 star, we walked along the beach until we got to the sign, the resort was just metres away from us.

We set up camp just next to the sign.

Note the difference........ ;)

2128981289_5563736b48.jpg?v=0

2128979563_160f20a2bf.jpg?v=0

2129754704_11f1d912ec.jpg?v=0

I can't understand why the Resort didn't want us on their part of the beach. :eek: We even had our own towels.

Me either Jen I think we are pretty classy people

But we had a fantastic time didn't we?

Cheers cruising buddies

Archived