Carnival Liberty

Vicar

Vicar, welcome! Aren't you excited about this Liberty cruise! We can't wait until next Oct. 24! I did a little research again today for cheap fares to Rome (Leonardo Di Vinci Airport) and found fares for an unbelievable $393. for THIS Oct. at 1-800-flyeurope (non-stop from Houston to Rome). It is too early to book with them, but they indicated that 10-12 months in advance was great. I guess we are just anxious! Anyone have any experience with this company? Becky and Wayne

perceptual therapist

Oh we are very excited. :)

I went to Spain and Italy on a high school trip more years ago than I care to mention, but of course that in no way compares to this *LOL*

We got a balcony too, we got really spoiled last November with our balcony on the Conquest.:)

I was wondering about the air too. I tried looking up fares and as you know it was too early. I am assumeing the best bet is to fly into DaVinci.

plus I know we will be flying in for at least two days pre cruise so I will have to look into hotels and all.

Being Italian I am really looking foward to it, plus the stop in Sicily, because that is where my family is from

A friend and I have a balcony guarantee for the Oct. 12 Liberty cruise. The itinerary looks wonderful and I'm really looking forward to this cruise. We're planning to spend about three days in Rome prior to the cruise. Don't know if they will offer a pre-trip package or not.
Also may need to stay over one night after the cruise to ensure I catch my flight out. Anyone know of a nice, affordable hotel either in Civitavecchia or near the airport?

Thanks,
:p Cathy

Took my time and so happy to find all of you over here. Linda\ISP, we are looking at the 9\15\05 which you are booked on, but sure think the trans-atlantic looks equally great.

We had planned to do a land tour to cover all the highlights in some detail but now leaning toward the cruise. We have plenty of time and surely we can find other cruisers to share tours if that will work.

We weren't too sure if the Liberty was a brand new ship because of the Upper and Lower cabins so am glad to know she is new and not a refitted ship.

The most recent e-mail from Carnival for past guests is offering fares beginning at $2,098 with R\T air and airport transfers.

We, too, would love to have a pre-cruise package.

Thanks everybody for all the great information.

Happy cruisin . . .

I was fortunate to catch up with my mate JH on Saturday by phone from Melbourne, Australia to Port Canaveral (in between cruises) and was informed by John that after he finishes with CCL on the Glory next month, we will be taking an extended "leave of absence" and will return to bring out the Carnival Liberty for both "sea trials" in June 2005 and a number of European cruises - which you ALL on from July 2005!

CCL has convinced JH (the best CD in the business) to bring out another new Carnival ship!! JH will make "cameo" appearances from time to time.........on Carnival ships - so we still get the chance to see him perform 'live'!

So if you haven't had the opportunity to cruise with JH, then you WILL be next year - an added "bonus" to your already fun-filled cruises!

We booked the transatlantic a couple of months ago. We haven't been on Carnival in a few years (we usually cruise Princess or HAL) and we are looking forward to this. Meanwhile, we booked the Valor with some friends for January 30. (Must be catching!)

Vicar- unless I am mistaken, the Liberty does not stop in Sicily on the transatlantic, just on the regular round trip schedules. Too bad, that would be a nice place to see.

Storm n Norman - Do you know if John Heald will be on the transatlantic as well? That would be fantastic. Had him as a cruise director a few years ago on the Destiny and a transatlantic would be great!

Denise

Just reading these messages makes me want to go more and more. Next year it's either this cruise or the 12 day Hawaii. We wanted to do a little longer cruise and with a balcony. In all of our 40 cruises together we've never had a balcony.

DH is going to our TA this morning to look into this cruise, probably one of the September sailings.

He's never been anywhere in the Med. I've been all over Italy but certainly wouldn't mind going again.

When we decide I'll post. I guess that better be soon as it looks like the Europe cruises and filling up fast, Diana

Howdy Coastcruisers in Florida! That's our other favorite state. Hope you fared well after all those pesky hurricanes! I went through Steve Cerra at Carnival--this was the first time that I actually went through Carnival, but couldn't resist the deal. You may reach Steve at [email]scerra@carnival.com[/email] I booked in early August so I don't know if offer is still as good. Please tell Steve that Becky in Houston referred you. I don't get a thing for this, but he is such a great guy I just want him to know that I sent you. Good luck and Wayne and I hope to meet you in Roma!

Hi Betty Lu. It looks like the husband and I will be cruising with ya! Do you think it's too early to start a roll call?? Well too bad, I already did it - I would think with almost all of the cabins booked, there should be a lot more people around here who are planning on going!
I think we have it good going in October because the weather is milder, the airfare is cheaper, and the crew will have had quite a few sailings to practice with, so by the time we get to them, they should have their act down pat.

All this talk got me so excited, I went ahead and booked myself and my husband on the September 30 sailing! I tried for the October 12 sailing, but there were no balcony cabins left! I got a rate of $2,047 pp for a Cat. 8A, and can transfer it later to my own TA (who I'm hoping will discount it a bit further). We'll do air on our own, as the price Carnival quoted was $1,064 pp. I know I can do better than that. And the best part is, I have a $1,000.00 cash voucher from Capital One that will reduce this cruise even further. Oh, and they told me I'll have a $200 shipboard credit when I get onboard. So after all is said and done, the cruise is running less than $1,500 pp without air. We thought about the 16 day transatlantic, but it would probably be harder for us to get that much time off from work, and I actually preferred the itinerary on the 12 day. Europe here we come!!!!

Hi Littlegoo: How do I get on the "roll call", I'll add our names whenever I figure out how to get to it. The timing of this cruise is just great, weather should be very good. We're planning on going to Rome a day early and do our own air and hotel. Haven't done it yet as it's really too early for that. Regards, Betty

Guest Crazeecat5
Hi all,
My DH and I are booked for the Aug.1st cruise. Waiting for air and hotel deal from Carnival. Will definitely book with them since the port is over an hour away from Rome and I want to have the transfers included. I started a roll call and a few people responded but did not continue. Hope to hear from all Aug.1st cruisers soon.
Sheryl

Well, in the past two hours I have booked, cancelled, and rebooked. We originally booked the September 30 date. Then, after looking at the calendar (something I should have done first), I see that the September 18 sailing works better with our schedule, since it leaves on a Sunday and comes back on Friday. That means we don't miss any work going down a day early, and we'll have the whole weekend to recoup after the cruise is over before we head back to work.

The only downside is that this change cost me. The fare is $100 more pp and I lost the $200 shipboard credit. And I couldn't select a cabin, had to go with a balcony guarantee. Oh well...

Anybody else on the September 18 sailing?

Hey Jersey Girl:

We are on the 9/19/05 trip also. There is also a roll call set up but not much interest in it. We are going out on a Wednesday because there are some things in Rome we want to see and plus I don't want to sleep my first day on the boat.
We are booked on the Verandah deck, balcony room.

Linda

For those of you still "thinking" about Europe, better act fast. My husband just heard from our TA today and most of the sailings are almost sold out. The Sept. sailings, our TA told us, only have Junior Suites left and the price is just too much. We wanted a balcony but there's nothing left.

We're now looking at October sailings or doing the 12 day Hawaii. Gee I would just hate that route!!

Maybe we'll do Europe in 2006.

Archived