Jewel -- Azura or Tsars?

srb162

We prefer the decor in Tsar's Palace, but the food is from a common kitchen so it probably doesn't matter much. I'm pretty sure the menus are identical. From what I've read, I think jeans are not permitted in Tsar's but are in Azura -- if that makes any difference to you.

We were on the Jewel a year ago, so I don't know that the same servers would still be working the same rooms. We frequently ask for the same server repeatedly, so if you find someone you like in one dining room, that may be reason enough to choose that location.

Our experience is a year old, so it might be outdated... but when we were on the Jewel the service in Azura was absolutlely abyssmal. We ate there twice with two different waitstaffs. Tsars was considerably better, though still not up to par with other NCL cruises we had been on. I highly recommend the no-fee Italian restaurant, though. We end up eating there twice and had great service and amazing food.

We had good luck in Azura's. The menu's were pretty much identical and our opinion may have been skewed by meeting two lovely female servers that made it fun. We asked for their area every night after that. It's a bit smaller and seemed a little more intimate.

Agree with pp's as to the italian restaurant as it was pretty good (if I remember right you still had to make reservations though). As the ones with surcharges we have always liked Cagney's, and LeBistro was the one we did not like - food was fine, just not our style.

Tango's was on our OK list, not bad just not wonderful.

Anyway, I think you'll find the experience just fine regardless of your choices. Have fun.

On Nov. 23rd Jewel sailing we tried both and the menus were identical. The wait-staff rotate constantly through the ship so you cannot predict good or bad service based on one restaurant over another. We had great service everywhere, by the way. The decor in Azura is much more modern but both are fine.

Please give me your opinion as to which is preferable.

If the food is all being made in the same kitchen, it might not matter...

Service differences?

Menu differences?

Leaving a week from today!

Thanks.

Our experience on the Jewel was that we loved the beautiful Tsars for breakfast, many choices well served and a pleasant contrast from the hectic buffet. However, for dinner we found Tsars to be more crowded and the service slower especially if you are seated far aft (a long way from galley). We found Azura more intimate and quicker service for dinner. We also recommend Mama's Italian Kitchen and the Tex-Mex restaurant for dinner when the menu in the two main restaurants does not excite you (no extra charge but reservations required). Enjoy the Jewel.

I got off the Jewel in late May and I have to say that I dined in both Azura and Tsars and hands down Tsars Palace is awesome! The waitstaff in Tsar's Palace was awesome! Get the two seaters along the left-hand side and if you get a lady from Turkey who is serving you then you've bet the best waitress onboard. I couldn't give her enough praise. I forget her name at the moment but she's awesome! I think her contract may have ended or will be ending soon.

The menus are the same for both Tsars Palace and for Azura so feel free to dine between them but the Tsars Palace is much more elegantly decorated. Azura is more of a cosmopolitan restaurant feel.

Hope this helps and bon voyage!

J

Archived