Music

fegan01970

I am a classical music junkie. I know "classical" is not the technical term for the music itself, rather the period, but I figure you'd know what I meant! I am using Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (my all time favorite work) for my walk down the aisle. My coordinator found a steel pan player who knows the piece. I also like Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmaninoff. Rhapsody is a long piece though and I was going to pick just part of it. Couldn't find anyone who could pull it off on the steel drum either. Understandable though; it's a complex work.

This is what Moonlight Sonata sounds like on the pan:

Are you going down the aisle to the steel pan music? If so, check out this website. There is a great steel pan player featured and he plays all the 'standards' and some other unique pieces. It'll at least give you an idea of what some songs you may know sound like on the steel pan.

http://web.mac.com/bob_lyons/iWeb/pan/Home.html

Or are you looking for a more contemporary, current type of music? If so let me know. I'll rack my brain. I LOVE music! :)

I need some music advice for walking down the isle etc...I am looking for some unique ideas.

We are having a steelpan band playing during the ceremony and reception.

I'm getting married on the AOS too!! Our ceremony will be on the beach in Aruba. We're having a steel pan player too!!! What island will you be getting married on?

Laura

Hi Laura...I am getting married on Aruba. I think we chatted way back when. I was planning on using Karen. I actually ended up with Aruba Fairy Tales. Indira is awesome. She is ridiculously prompt and so far has been great with all of my requests.

Hi Lora...I was thinking of classical to walk down the aisle, but I didn't want typical, if that makes sense. Although, I am willing to do more pop also. Yes, we are having the Steelpan guy plan throughout the beach ceremony and reception. I liked Moonlight Sonata...hmmmm.

Archived