why no trays at the buffet?

Bisous3

Cruizin with kids, while your posts didn't stand out to me as being rude the way grey willow's always seem to be when he posts, maybe offense was taken (just a bit ;-) at you saying any school age child can handle not using a tray- as if I, as an adult, was somehow inept. When I asked "why no trays" I never expected to be chastised for needing one. I am sure thats not how you meant it, but maybe thats what the other person was thinking of when he named you as being rude?

And I am really thrilled for the Gem passengers that they had trays, but as I said.....oh- two or three times now?- I was on the Pearl, asked for one, was told they didn't have any.

at you saying any school age child can handle not using a tray- as if I, as an adult, was somehow inept.

And I am really thrilled for the Gem passengers that they had trays, but as I said.....oh- two or three times now?- I was on the Pearl, asked for one, was told they didn't have any.

Like I said, I really was excited at MY figuring out that I could give plates to MY kids. I am quite uncoordinated and have had plates slide off the tray.

Also it does seem that some of the great things that I was so enthusiastic about regarding the Gem may go fleet wide.

I hate that emotion/tone whatever can't be communicated. Even the little smile faces don't have a sad. They are mad and frown and confused. I am sad if I insulted you or anyone and do apology if that was indeed what happened.

Interesting report from NPR

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4945960

Another interesting blog on trays

http://www.foodpoisonblog.com/2005/09/articles/food-poisoning-information/millions-of-germs-and-bacteria-await-kids-at-school/

Excerpts:

NSF's startling findings include:

* Drinking water fountain spigots had the highest amount of bacteria on the tested surfaces -- 2.7 million bacterial cells per square inch.

* A cafeteria tray had more than ten times as many germs as a toilet seat (33,800 bacterial cells per square inch vs. 3,200 bacterial cells per square inch).

* A student's hand had 1,500 bacterial cells per square inch.

* Commonly cleaned areas, such as desks and doorknobs had fewer germs (19 bacterial cells per square inch and 5 bacterial cells per square inch respectively), while computer keyboards and ear phones had significantly more at 260 bacterial cells per square inch and 740 bacterial cells per square inch respectively.

Handwashing Help from the Scrub Club

Developed by NSF International, The Scrub Club http://www.scrubclub.org provides a fun way for kids to learn the importance of handwashing to fight infectious and foodborne diseases.

The cafeteria trays with the highest germ count were still wet, dry trays had significantly less germs. ;)

Archived