Question about inside cabins on Jewel

reverie177

First, to be honest, I'm only a college student trying to plan a senior spring break in March.. on a college student budget!

My friends and I are pretty set on the March 9th sailing on Jewel to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. It's only a 5 day trip, but then again, we only have a week of classes...

My question is whether there's a difference where we pick our inside cabins to be. I've found that the cheapest have been at the way front of the boat. I was watching a cruise show and they said that sometimes you may be able to hear the anchor go up and down or what-not. Is this true? Does it matter where on the boat your inside cabin is and on what deck it is?

Thanks a lot!

First, to be honest, I'm only a college student trying to plan a senior spring break in March.. on a college student budget!

My friends and I are pretty set on the March 9th sailing on Jewel to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. It's only a 5 day trip, but then again, we only have a week of classes...

My question is whether there's a difference where we pick our inside cabins to be. I've found that the cheapest have been at the way front of the boat. I was watching a cruise show and they said that sometimes you may be able to hear the anchor go up and down or what-not. Is this true? Does it matter where on the boat your inside cabin is and on what deck it is?

Thanks a lot!

I wouldn't worry about the anchor going up and down. It shouldn't bother you at all in an inside cabin. Sometimes for not much more you can get cabins that are in a more convenient location but honestly there isn't a lot of difference and more expensive isn't always better.

Ron

We have also only cruised inside cabins & have never had a problem. We picked the location of our upcoming cruise just so we'd be close to my parents who are traveling with us.

You don't spend much time in your cabin & you are going to 2 great locations, so save your money & get whatever you feel you can afford.

Thanks a lot!

We've heard the anchor at the bow of the ship in suites on decks 9 and 10:)

You're college students, you're used to noise. I'm sure you will go back to sleep if the anchor wakes you up;)

You only have 5 days on the ship...how much will you sleep anyway.

Have a great cruise:)

We've been in forward cabins on both the old Sea (deck 2) and the Sun (deck 10) and heard the anchors from both. It can be a little startling the first time -- especially down lower where it was definitely louder :eek: , but once I figured out what it was, I went right back to sleep.

Also, the only time we've heard it was in a tender location -- like Belize. If you are docked at the port, they use ropes to tie the ship up, and I don't know if they even drop the anchor. Cozumel can be either a dock or a tender port, and I don't know about Grand Cayman.

Archived