shopping in Cozumel

kpjohn

I don't know about any one store, but many of the smaller stores and booths have pottery items....some have a better selection than others. Allow yourself plenty of time to shop along the main street, and don't forget to turn corners and check out the smaller shops. I love shopping in Cozumel!

Thank you for the information. Although I have been to Cozumel before, we spent all our time at the beach snorkeling and never had enough time to shop. This time I am going to shop and will definitely check out Los Cinco Soles!

Thank you for the information. Although I have been to Cozumel before, we spent all our time at the beach snorkeling and never had enough time to shop. This time I am going to shop and will definitely check out Los Cinco Soles!

I found their Website.. It even has a map on where they are http://www.loscincosoles.com/mainwelcome.htm

I sure wouldn't assume that.

Some of the items in their store look big - and some are full sets of dinnerware - not to mention fragile. That's why I am wondering if they regularly ship items back to the States for ppl who buy them in Mexico.

On their site it says you can call them up and order things from them over the phone and they will ship them to you, so I assume they will also ship things for ppl who buy them in person and can't take them back on a ship and then plane.

LOVE the pottery pieces at Los Cinco Soles ... they have a number of very nice lines that are dishwasher & microwave safe. For awhile I was picking up a different style dish each trip. Great platters & bowls for serving at parties. Of course the kicker was the trip where I brough back 16 of the blue-green swirl mexican glasses - in my carry-on flying! Didn't break even one glass, but I was real tired of carrying those things!!

This is also the one store I have no problem using my credit card - no worries with the exchange rate, or any extra charges (by my cc company at least!)

Also - if you happen across 'The Free Blue Guide to Cozumel' it contains a coupon for 10% off at Los Cinco Soles (not good on liquor.) We've found it handed out at various hotels & places around the island ... their e-mail address is freeblueguide@hotmail.com - so maybe they can tell you where to find it when you pop in on a cruise ....

I sure wouldn't assume that.

Some of the items in their store look big - and some are full sets of dinnerware - not to mention fragile. That's why I am wondering if they regularly ship items back to the States for ppl who buy them in Mexico.

On their site it says you can call them up and order things from them over the phone and they will ship them to you, so I assume they will also ship things for ppl who buy them in person and can't take them back on a ship and then plane.

Perhaps, rather than make an assumption, it would be better to contact them directly and ask them.

I just got back from cozumel and WOW they have alot of pottery, there is a store right on the corner of the block, one block past carlos and charleys (north of it) that has an AMAZING amount of pottery, they also have stunning plate and table settings, its a 2 story place, the 1st part of the 2nd story is an exellent bar and the drinks where good, cheap and the people where fun and friendly and nice. The store entrance is totaly open on the 1st floor and all the pottery is in back behind the stairs and devider that lead you upstairs. It was all so beautifull you wont regret going there. Also there was another shop right on the main drag besides los sincos that sold pottery as well. Also go through all the shops before you make a choice because you will get a better deal and price. Oh and dont be afraid to walk away, they freak when you do that and usually bend to your prices. Enjoy cozumel I sure did!

Archived