Non-Beach Tours in Tortola??

iflyrc5

We will be on the Galaxy visiting Tortola 5 Jan. This is our first visit and would like to get an overall "View" of the island and it's history - we will be doing the beaches at other ports. Celebrity offers one tour called Tortola Hightlights for 3 hours - it does make a short stop at Cane Garden Bay and says in goes on Ridge Road passing Long Trench and Fahie Hill with a stop near Sky World. They also offer a 4 hour "Historic & Cultural BVI tour that stops at the Sunday Morning Wall, Quakers Grave Yard, Belle Vue Look-out, Beef Island, and First Church of the African Slaves in Kingston. Looking for anyone that may have taken these tours.

Sounds wonderful. I'm stopping in Tortola in Jan 09. I was going to "do" the 3 hr tour but after reading those choices I will definitely do the history one if it is offered then. Sounds authentic. The 3 hr tour would be nice, of course, for varied scenery or stopping for drinks, if that's your thing. But from what you've said, I think you can have both scenery & history with the 4 hour tour. I lived for 7 years "next door" on St Thomas and never got any further into Tortola than the docks at Roadtown and West End, but did make it to the Baths of Virgin Gorda when the school system chartered a boat and the teachers got to go on a day off. Just gorgeous there.

Archived