Grocery hours

trixie54

We'll arrive at Fa'aa at 1am, taking a taxi to IC. I had hoped to stop at a CashnCarry type grocery store for juices/mixes, snacks, etc. en route to the hotel, but pretty sure these stores don't stay open all night - is that correct? If so, how would you advise getting to a small store from IC (we are only there 3 nights/2 days). Thanks!

Last time I was there, nothing stayed open much past 10 p.m. It would be easier to get something the next morning. Haven't stayed at the IC, so I can't help you with that, but there is a large grocery store just as you enter the main drag of Papeete. I'm sure the desk clerk at the hotel can help direct you.

Charlie

We've stayed at the IC Papette a couple of times--although we didn't go to a market--we understand that there is one about a 15 minute walk--which way who knows

If breakfast is not included in your room fee--ask for an ala carte menu--for about $10 you get a complete breakfast--much better than the $25 continental breakfast

We both asked for somethinglike mushroom omelets--came with potatoes--every kind of breakfast meat--coffee etc--we were clue4d into this our first trip

Have fun

Nancy:D

The market near IC is a short walk. It is in a small shopping mall. When you go out of the resort turn to the right. It will be on the right near the over the road bridge. We are going to try an bring some rolls from home and hope to get orange juice in the airport. There was a coffee pot in the room with coffee and tea. Last time the first moring we did the ala carte menu and had a omelets. It was more than we needed. The second moring we had stuff from the store so that we could set on the deck of our over the water unit. This time we want to eat on the deck both days because it was amazing and relaxing. Hope this helps.

Jean

If anyone reading this is staying at IC Bora Bora--close market--and can refrigerate in the room mini bar--we will be there next March--and also IC Papette--we're also going on the TP for our 3rd time--YES--we like FP

Nancy:D

Archived