Looking for car & driver in BA

jruth4

We are looking for just a car and driver, but do not need a tour. We have visited BA before, and know what we want to do in the half day we have there. Primarily we want to be driven to a few neighborhood, dropped off, then picked up at a specified time, and want to be sure that our luggage is secure with the driver. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for any help you can proide. I leave in 3 days and need to set something up quickly.

-Judith

We are looking for just a car and driver, but do not need a tour. We have visited BA before, and know what we want to do in the half day we have there. Primarily we want to be driven to a few neighborhood, dropped off, then picked up at a specified time, and want to be sure that our luggage is secure with the driver. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for any help you can proide. I leave in 3 days and need to set something up quickly.

-Judith

WOW Argentina travel agency has always responded quickly to our requests. They may be able to help. Try wowargentina.com for a contact.

WOW Argentina travel agency has always responded quickly to our requests. They may be able to help. Try wowargentina.com for a contact.

pvmeistrel, I emailed wowargentina, but they are booked though all of January. They have been recommended by many guidebooks and have gotten very popular. Any other suggestions? Time is growing short before we sail on Dec.23rd. Any help you give me to find a car and driver will be greatly appreciated.

-Judith

Hi, We are renting an apartment in BA for a few days before our March cruise. The firm we are renting through recommends this driver. We have no experience with her yet, but she is scheduled to pick us up at the airport.

http://www.ana-luna.com/

Good luck, Joe

Ricardo de Franco at http://www.defrantur@fibertel.com.ar answered my e-mail very quickly. :D

And, this Guy sounds like fun:

http://dantesairporttransfers.hazedaze.com/ dante@hazedaze.com

Home phone: (5411) 4867-5517 Cell: 54-9-11-5620-6129

Hi, my name is Dante Proaño, I drive people to and from the airport for a living. I am fluent in English and Spanish. In my spare time I teach and dance Tango, and in the evenings I'm available to accompany women to dance tango in the most popular milongas of Buenos Aires (click on Milongas). If you are coming to Buenos Aires for business I can help you with translation, transport and I also do City tours. My fee for the airport transfer is US $20 per ride (US $25 in 2008). Please write if you have any questions, I'll be glad to assist you in any way I can.

I did manage to send an e-mail to ANA LUNA and she responded straight away. She also does day tours for shopping and city tours.

She uses a Blackberry. ;)

If you wish to call her, this is her cellphone:

01154911 62512007

returned last evening from our infinity round the horn cruise.stayed three days pre-cruise in BA.it would be crazy not too!!.we used analuna[ana@ana-luna.com]and she was marvellous.met us at airport at 8am.took us to our hotel in palermo,assisted with check-in.on our last day she our picked us up at noon,for a three hour city tour which was excellent-she would stop at relevant sites and she would remain in car with luggage.finally dropped us at cruise ship terminal.it was a great experience,and i heartily recommend ana.

on our last day in BA.we were picked up at the hotel at noon,given a three hour tour that included everything but recoleta,which we had already explored.included markets in san telmo and la boca.at these sites ana would wait in the car to ensure the safety of the luggage.ana is a charming lady with good english communication skills.during the "peso crisis"she was in the united states where she lived for a year-i think she was studying a tourism related subject.from my own experience it is extremely difficult to find somebody to pick you up at hotel,give you a city tour,and drop you at the cruiseship terminal for what ana charged.

Archived