What time does the deli open in the morning?

Fishingshoes

Depending on the port, food that you attempt to take off the ship may or may not be confiscated at the gangway.

I've heard this too. They especially do not want you take fruit ashore from the ship. You take your chances taking food off the ship. Maybe you could stop along the way and try some of the local food.

You can't order baggies.

I meant to say--dont forget to pack your baggies.. sorry

The easern Caribbean is one of the places where it will be posted in your capers that food cant be taken off the ships. The Western side is more Lenient about that. I dont know about the mexican riveria- but the information will be your daily papers.

I'm cruising to Hawaii from Vancouver so I would imagine we wouldn't have a problem grabbing a couple sandwiches for the Road to Hana trip (we are renting a car that day). Or would we????

I have the guide book "Maui Revealed" and was basically informed there is nothing good to eat while taking that drive. Otherwise I would have liked to try some local cuisine...believe me! I guess I will have to wait until we hit Honolulu or another island.

I appreciate your help!

a suggestion if the ports you are visiting does not allow food to be taken off--all ports allow prepackage foods to be taken off-- so you may want to pack some peanuts, grab some boxes of cereal off the morning buffet. (stuff like that)

We always bring aluminum foil and zip lock bags. Order room service - the roast beef bagette sandwiches and the exceptional BLT's make excellent lunches. Do not forget the cookies and brownies also.

Put them all at the bottom of a towel bag or knapsack!

Never have had any problems East or West Carib.

Enjoy!

Archived