Grand Cayman with 4yr old

Snupee2

We are going over New Years on the Grand Princess Western Caribbean....

In Grand Cayman, the whole family is doing the New Waves Stingray/Snorkel.....

So...that leaves me alone to hang out with my 4 1/2 yr old....I was thinking about hanging at the beach.....

Do I take an excursion to 7 mile beach or just grab a cab myself?? I've also heard about the "Royal Palms"?? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Karen

Not sure about the beaches, but when I was there there was a tour called the Trolley Roger, where a guy dressed up like a Pirate did a 1 hr tour of dowtown and took us to a small private beach...we rode in an open air ...trolley lol for lack of better word, that was decorated like a pirate ship. We had a good time, lots of people took pictures of us in the pirate ship and of our Captain! And it still leaves you with enough time to hit other beaches (plus it wasn't expensive). Just in case you wanted a little something extra.

We actually took DD2 1/2 to stingray city and rum point beach on an excursion with us. She fell asleep on the boat and missed the stingrays, otherwise, the plan was to take her in the water with us to pet the stingrays (it's only chest high). As it was, DH was happy to stay onboard with her and get a nap:) . She had a great time at rum point and the water there was perfect and gentle for her to play in (we brought a bucket and shovel as well)

Go to the Weston Hotel. It is very near the pier. Take a taxi, you will be there in about 10 minutes. It has a great beach- you'll be able to see your ship off in the distance. They rent you beach chairs for about $ 25 per person- nice ones and then you are permitted to use their lovely pool and hot tub. It is a great stretch of beach- white sand, crystal clear water. That' s where we always go.

So...that leaves me alone to hang out with my 4 1/2 yr old....I was thinking about hanging at the beach.....

Hi Karen,

Gosh - I wish I could remember the beach we visited while there with our 2.5 year old. It was FABULOUS......if you're looking towards the ocean, the showers/bathrooms and picnic tables were off to the left.....and there was a play structure with swings and slides at that end as well. The beach was gorgeous, and to the right were the bars and restaurant, volley ball nets, and a lot more people. This was our favorite stop....if I can figure out the name of this beach, I'll be sure to let you know. :-)

\replacement to the in-law side of the family !! :D

Karen

Oh I have been there, done that and wrote the book. ;) Good luck with the inlaws. Try not to throw them off the top deck. :D

At one point I had a whole thread running on the Carnival board entitled "Would it be fair to feed my MIL to the sharks?" LOL!!!!!

Everybody said no, the poor sharks would get indigestion. :eek: :p

We took a tour with our 4 year old right from the pier. We shared a van with two other parties (5 others total) and our driver was great. He name is Ursula. There are people at the pier that you talk to arrange your tour with and then they send you off with a driver. We went to Boatswain's turtle farm, Hell, rum cake and rum tasting, toured the main strip and then to Seven mile beach. She was driving the group somewhere else too but we already knew we wanted to spend sometime at the beach so we had her leave us there and then took a cab back to the pier. We wasted money and time at Margaritaville, it was the most disgusting meal we have ever eaten. While the beach was clean and beautiful we really didn't care for Grand Cayman. Then again we were really turned off by how expensive everything was.

Then again we were really turned off by how expensive everything was.

VERY true! We went to Hard Rock Cafe...been there many times in different areas. We bought our lunch. The kid meals were something like $8.99. The sandwiches were $16.99. We thought that was expensive but no big deal. Well when the check arrived that amount was in Grand Caymen money so the actual price was even higher. :eek:

Archived