Denial of OBC?

mariemorgan

How often are you denied OBC after final payment.  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How often are you denied OBC after final payment.

• Always Denied
    • Depends on who you talk to
    • Always get OBC when I ask

How many people get denied OBC when the price drops after final payment?

My price went down $20 pp today I called the main number and they said they couldnt' talk to me about it because I didn't book the cruise with that department. They transferred me to someone who said they were a supervisor who told me they dont' give OBC after final payment and last time I asked it was done out of courtasy but they dont' do it. They put me on hold to talk to another supervisor, came back and told me again they don't give OBC after final payment. Has this happened to anyone before?

Then you will need to call your PVP.

There may be another reason they are not giving it. Your PVP could do the best job for you.

On a side note, I have changed PVP's freq lately after losing a very good one and my first question is, How would a drop in price be handled?

My price went down $20 pp today I called the main number and they said they couldnt' talk to me about it because I didn't book the cruise with that department. They transferred me to someone who said they were a supervisor who told me they dont' give OBC after final payment and last time I asked it was done out of courtasy but they dont' do it. They put me on hold to talk to another supervisor, came back and told me again they don't give OBC after final payment. Has this happened to anyone before?

Just another good reason to book using a TA who gives a damn about you and not use carnival directly. Our TA guarantees a refund or OBC for this situation.

I've never had a cruise go below what I paid. :rolleyes:

It's gone down $60 pp so far .. I actually have upgraded from a 1a to a inside guarentee (started at $289) and it's gone down $30 pp since I upgraded alone.

Also this supervisor lady said PVP's aren't allowed to give OBC. I guess I just got a bad supervisor. :cool: And of course mine barely seems to answer his phone.

I've never had a cruise go below what I paid. :rolleyes:

What??? We are going to have send you a 4 leaf clover for luck!!!

Our Victory cruise went down $340.00!!! And the Fantasy before that $120.00. The Holiday last week did not go down but only because it was dirt cheap to begin with!!!

What??? We are going to have send you a 4 leaf clover for luck!!!

Our Victory cruise went down $340.00!!! And the Fantasy before that $120.00. The Holiday last week did not go down but only because it was dirt cheap to begin with!!!

Actually that is what I get for only cruising during peek times. :(

The one time I didn't was with a group so we weren't eligible for price drops.

ETA: I'm watching the Splendor inaugural closely because it doesn't appear to be selling too well.

Our cruise on Fantasy 2/4/08 for oceanview Reveria deck went down $50.00 per person. Called TA, she called Carnival and got routed to several departments before getting the right one to secure our OBC.

I think she said it was Adminstration. She aslo had to "refund" back to Carnival here commission related to the price reduction. For nine of us it was something like a total of $25.00. Funny thing was they tried to talk her out of doing it as she would be losing money(commission).

She told them we were long time customers and give the OBC, thank you very much.

JimmyJames This just today around noon time. Also forgot to say we had also paid finial payment

Actually that is what I get for only cruising during peek times. :(

The one time I didn't was with a group so we weren't eligible for price drops.

ETA: I'm watching the Splendor inaugural closely because it doesn't appear to be selling too well.

Well I hope you have better luck with that cruise!!

I went on a cruise once, I think it was my Triumph cruise in 2001 that the price dropped 100.00 so I called a PVP. They gave me a 2 Deck upgrade instead of OBC, I was ok with that.

Fred

We have never been offered an upgrade because we have to "select" our specific cabin. But that reminds me that folks need to remember to compare apples to apples.

"Sometimes" people pay for a 4A and get upgraded to a 4C and then when the price of the 4A goes down, but the 4C stays the same...they want OBC.

It gets complicated....:confused:

We have never been offered an upgrade because we have to "select" our specific cabin. But that reminds me that folks need to remember to compare apples to apples.

"Sometimes" people pay for a 4A and get upgraded to a 4C and then when the price of the 4A goes down, but the 4C stays the same...they want OBC.

It gets complicated....:confused:

Yep, I know what you mean, I think that on the Triumph cruise back in 2001, I booked that one online and it didn't show any GTY cabins so I selected a specific cabin, something like a Cat.4a and ended up on Veranda deck after the upgrade instead of the OBC.

Im sure that if you asked them for the Upgrade they will give you that before they would give you OBC, just guessing.

Fred

On my last trip, our price went down a total of $150. I called my PVP (who said she would watch it, for me, but never informed me) and she said that since it was a week before sailing a supervisor would have to take care of it. So I called the supervisor that she gave me the number for and she would only give me OBC if I was willing to to move to Riviera deck. I booked an inside and with my past guest, I was eligible for Lido deck, but they were all booked, so I was on Veranda. Anyway, I liked the location of my current cabin and didn't want to move. I understand that she wanted to move me based on the price I paid, but I wanted to stay put. She put a bottle of Champagne, in my cabin, since she couldn't help me.

The one time I felt I deserved an OBC, my PVP talked to the powers that be and we were given an upgrade instead. At first I wasn't pleased because I would have much rather had an OBC, but it was an extended balcony and I really liked the extra room!

Because it seems like a hit and miss thing...only book a cabin for a price you will be happy with no matter whether you run into someone who got the one next door for less or not. I'd also wait to see if it changes to more than $20/pp.....plus it's possible you'll get a better upgrade because of the price you paid.

I contacted my PVP last night and he said he woudl talk to his supervisors and call me back.. He called about 1 1/2 hours later saying he hadn't heard back and would call me in the morning.. He didn't call so I emailed him and he said he hasn't heard anything and would let me know..

It's now been 24 hours since I requested it from the PVP.. Do you think I should keep bugging my PVP or should I try a different route or give up all together.

I contacted my PVP last night and he said he woudl talk to his supervisors and call me back.. He called about 1 1/2 hours later saying he hadn't heard back and would call me in the morning.. He didn't call so I emailed him and he said he hasn't heard anything and would let me know..

It's now been 24 hours since I requested it from the PVP.. Do you think I should keep bugging my PVP or should I try a different route or give up all together.

Me personally.. I don't like waiting.. :eek:you have given your PVP 24hrs to come up with some sort of answer for you.. they have not.. now being me I would try different avenues.. it doesn't hurt to call and speak to others..;)

Archived