Century FV Cabins

hotelbeano

Hey there folks! I just booked an FV cabin on Century sailing the 3rd of January. I was wondering if anyone had a picture of the inside and the verandah. The cabins were added in the refit, but there are no pictures or floorplans out there.

Anything would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Got back some time ago from the cruise. The FV cabins are very nice, save for a few things.

1) The Double Bed is NOT separable and is placed so that one side is surrounded on three sides by walls.

2) As some others have indicated, soot from the stacks settles on the aft verandahs and makes for a rather dirty carpet. This is true!

Other than that, the cabin was HUGE (as cabins go) and provided tons of storage space. We didn't stay there since we required two separate beds and i wasn't about to spend the voyage on the pull out sofa! We were at the Guest Relations Desk when some other fellow travelers complained about the same problem. We were told that the other folks were not moved, that we got the only cabin available. So WATCH OUT! No one at Celebrity except the shipboard personnel have any idea that the beds are not convertible. Even the website lies.

Please report back after your sailing; I have an FV booked for a transatlantic on Century in April. I have heard the deck 9 balconies were expanded somewhat after the drydock (after the pictures were taken in the pictures linked by another poster above). Would love to hear about your experience when you return.

Gonzo,

please see my report after my sailing, posted above. And yes, they did extend the balcony... it is huge. It has a table, two chairs and two loungers.

I only wish we could have stayed in it. We were moved to a 2A, which was also very nice, but not as big inside or on the verandah.

Hope this helps everybody.

Gonzo,

please see my report after my sailing, posted above. And yes, they did extend the balcony... it is huge. It has a table, two chairs and two loungers.

I only wish we could have stayed in it. We were moved to a 2A, which was also very nice, but not as big inside or on the verandah.

Hope this helps everybody.

Thanks so much for the info; glad to hear it. I will be on it for a 14 nighter, so was hoping for a nice sized balcony. Sorry you weren't able to stay in the stateroom.

The FV would be wonderful for one person! :D

Perhaps Celebrity should rename and re-fare these Century Class FV to a SSV (special single veranda) and charge a single supplement. Or, they could be available for up to one adult with two small children on the sofa bed and bunk. Five persons is stretching it for these suites. :rolleyes:

I would stay there as a single, but there is no way my DH and I would both be comfortable sleeping in that bed.

The FV would be wonderful for one person! :D

Perhaps Celebrity should rename and re-fare these Century Class FV to a SSV (special single veranda) and charge a single supplement. Or, they could be available for up to one adult with two small children on the sofa bed and bunk. Five persons is stretching it for these suites. :rolleyes:

I would stay there as a single, but there is no way my DH and I would both be comfortable sleeping in that bed.

It seems that the queen bed should be by the balcony/TV with a bunk bed (or room for 2 children) squeezed in near the bathroom. However, I assume the bed and desk do not both fit in that area?

This is labled a "Family Value" cabin, so the name does indicate a smaller space for more people (children) however, apparently a lot of folks (couples) are after these cabins because of the Aft location.

Jade - You keep saying queen bed, however I am reading it is just a double bed because it is not two beds fit together.

I didn't realize that the V meant "value," I thought it was veranda. :o

Good bed for honeymooners indeed! :D As long as neither needs to get out of bed in the middle of the night, (like I do) and are not too tall.

Didn't you say that you are a single father with children? The cabin should be great for you. ;)

Jade - You keep saying queen bed, however I am reading it is just a double bed because it is not two beds fit together.

I didn't realize that the V meant "value," I thought it was veranda. :o

. ;)

I think it is a Family Ocean View with Veranda, but I could have sworn someone called it a family value.

You are right, it looks like a double. Also very low to the ground, perhaps with only a mattress.

It sleeps 5. It has the following:

1. Double (not queen) bed (normal celebrity bedding package)- 2 guests

2. Double pull-out sofa- 2 guests

3. "Pullman" overhead twin bed- 1 guest

That makes 5 people.

It really would be a great family cabin! but not good for two single male travelers!

DH and I loved, loved, loved our FV aft on Century. We were in 9255. Yes, the bed is a double but for us it was more than OK. We were sweating it because DH is 6'3". He had no problem - feet didn't hit the room divider as we expected. Yes, one has to climb over the other to get out if you are next to the wall but we didn't mind. My only complaint was there was no side table or shelf to place my glasses and book after reading a while. Lots of room when the couch is closed up in living area. Much privacy between beds due to the screen that can be closed between sleeping quarters. Tons of drawers and counters - couldn't fill them all up. Now the veranda - the huge veranda. Big enough for two loungers and a table and two chairs with room left over. We had to pry ourselves away from here. I mean we had our wine, cheeses, loungers, the most magnificent view ever especially on sail away. We never had to fight for a chair at the pool - we were close enough to goe two floors up our side staircase to the pool floor, dunk in and run back. Liked it so much we're booked in an aft room on Summit in December. I guess it truly is in the eye of the beholder or at least what's important to you, or not. ;)

DH and I loved, loved, loved our FV aft on Century. We were in 9255. Yes, the bed is a double but for us it was more than OK. We were sweating it because DH is 6'3". He had no problem - feet didn't hit the room divider as we expected. Yes, one has to climb over the other to get out if you are next to the wall but we didn't mind. My only complaint was there was no side table or shelf to place my glasses and book after reading a while. Lots of room when the couch is closed up in living area. Much privacy between beds due to the screen that can be closed between sleeping quarters. Tons of drawers and counters - couldn't fill them all up. Now the veranda - the huge veranda. Big enough for two loungers and a table and two chairs with room left over. We had to pry ourselves away from here. I mean we had our wine, cheeses, loungers, the most magnificent view ever especially on sail away. We never had to fight for a chair at the pool - we were close enough to goe two floors up our side staircase to the pool floor, dunk in and run back. Liked it so much we're booked in an aft room on Summit in December. I guess it truly is in the eye of the beholder or at least what's important to you, or not. ;)

Glad to hear another positive review of these rooms. I am really getting excited for my cruise and am glad that I upgraded to an FV Aft on Deck 9. You don't happen to have any pictures of the balcony? Thanks.

Archived