Formal Nights on 12/22 Glory

terry55

I'm posting for a co-worker who will be on the Glory's 12/22 cruise. She wasn't sure of "formal nights" on this trip. Any help would be much appreciated. I've travelled Princess and Holland; will be on the Caribbean Princess 12/23 and we will be in St. Marteen on the same day as the Glory, and we plan to meet while there. I've always had 2 formal nights and couldn't help her on this one. Am hoping our next cruise will be on Carnival. Thanks.

I'm posting for a co-worker who will be on the Glory's 12/22 cruise. She wasn't sure of "formal nights" on this trip. Any help would be much appreciated. I've travelled Princess and Holland; will be on the Caribbean Princess 12/23 and we will be in St. Marteen on the same day as the Glory, and we plan to meet while there. I've always had 2 formal nights and couldn't help her on this one. Am hoping our next cruise will be on Carnival. Thanks.

Typically, the first formal night is the evening of the first full day at sea, in this case it would be Sunday, the 23rd...

The second formal night would be either two or three days prior to the last sea day so that would be either Wednesday or Thursday.

Hope this helps and I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas at sea!

Just off Glory 12/8 sailing. Formal nights for the Eastern route were Sunday & Thursday. Maybe the lobster will be better for your friend, this cruise (late seating), it was too tough & hard to chew. Good luck w/ the crew too. They were quiet rude. I must say, this was our first & last crusie w/ Carnival.

Take a zip line and you should be able to slide across to the Caribbean Princess or maybe a bungy cord stretched across your balcony door. :eek: We were right across the dock from her when in St. Maarten. BTW, it's a BEAUTIFUL ship!

Can't help yah with the formal nites, this old horse don't dress up!

Gloryeastern124.jpg

Just off Glory 12/8 sailing. Formal nights for the Eastern route were Sunday & Thursday. Maybe the lobster will be better for your friend, this cruise (late seating), it was too tough & hard to chew. Good luck w/ the crew too. They were quiet rude. I must say, this was our first & last crusie w/ Carnival.

I was on this same cruise and thought everything about it was fantastic. From the food to the crew to the service.

I'm glad you asked this question, I was wondering the same thing as I was packing for this same cruise.

We have a roll call going for the cruise here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=550315 with a couple of meet and greets happening if your friend is interested.

Meet & Greet #1

Dec 22 - 2:00 pm. Burgundy Bar outside the disco

Meet & Greet #2

Dec 23 - 3:00 p.m. Burgundy Bar outside the disco

Thank you all for your help! Will pass along the info, along with the comments about service, crew etc. Sometimes that can just be a hit or miss thing, I guess.

Cleveland Rocks.....I love the photo - thank you! I think we arrive in port before the Glory that day, so my family can greet her family getting off the ship! Then we can wave goodby at the end of the day!

Mona CD ... I will pass along the get together info. She's one of the funniest people I know.

Thanks again. And Happy Holidays, too.:)

My boyfriend (Mike - we share this account) posted on this thread earlier today but I really feel the need to echo his comments. Every single staffer we met (and some we didn't even meet!) were wonderful!!! We couldn't have asked for better! We had so much fun with the social hosts, our dinner server (Muharrem in the Platinum Dining Room from Turkey) was awesome - tell him we say hi if you see him! You're going to have an amazing time! They'll be more than good to you onboard!

-Macaille

I would have to agree with the crew, some of the best that I have encountered. I always made sure that if I had business at the purser's desk I approached them with a smile, since while waiting I had to hear them put up with rude pushy idiots, it amazed me how people could be so uptight on vacation. The crew were all fantastic. It is amazing how approaching a situation with a smile, a please and a thank you really improves the customer service that you receive!

MAC

Archived