Very Long Review of Pride of Aloha

Hawaiian Mongoose

There is another review for Pride of Aloha for December. I can't believe that we were apparently on the same cruise as the other reviewer, "Mary". Everything in my review is objective, as I have no particular like or dislike for NCL/NCLA. My attitude is generally positive, but then again that is the approach we take to cruising.

The final comment about the islands only having one road is irksome. I suppose if there were freeways around all the islands "Mary" would complain about that as well. I went back to double check the review to see if she complained about her ice cream being too cold. What were your expectations "Mary"?

I am very glad that we did not meet on the cruise, and that I will not be running into you on any other NCL cruises.

• Administrators

FFMongoose, thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed, balanced review. I did have to laugh reading "Mary's" review, though. Some people just spend their life in the pickle jar, getting sourer and sourer -- and she's obviously one of them!

Welcome home and mahalo for sharing your views and advice!

I'm still amazed at the other review, but I'm putting it behind me and looking ahead to the next cruise!! Aloha and Adios! Patric.:)

I'm not gonna worry a lot about the other review. IMO-NCL isn't for everyone, and Mary is one that it's not right for.

I agree though-I'm just looking ahead to the next cruise. The 'ol countdown clock says I'll be saying "Aloha" myself in the not too distant future! :D

I agree though-I'm just looking ahead to the next cruise. The 'ol countdown clock says I'll be saying "Aloha" myself in the not too distant future! :D

My clock would too if I knew how to create one.

If Mary doesn't like the crew's language, she would hate me like daughter who drives me like nuts.:D

My clock would too if I knew how to create one.

I see you're on a couple sailings after we are. I'll make sure the ship is in good condition when I get off. If it's not that same way when you board, it's those guys in between us that screwed it up ;)

BTW-here's a link to the page that CC has up for instructions for countdown clocks:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=434

Questions? Let me know. Aloha. Patric.:)

I have one question (and I probably should go reread your review before I ask it, but I'll ask anyhow)...We've seen reports of some ships having lobster in the main rooms, some reports from other ships that instead they got a seafood combo plate. Which was it on the Aloha? (not terribly important to me, but I'm curious)

I have one question (and I probably should go reread your review before I ask it, but I'll ask anyhow)...We've seen reports of some ships having lobster in the main rooms, some reports from other ships that instead they got a seafood combo plate. Which was it on the Aloha? (not terribly important to me, but I'm curious)

NEVER-MIND---I just read the changes in "Freestyle 2.0" and it's explained there! (but does immediately mean IMMEDIATELY?) LOL

It's funny how the "marys" tend to complain and whine, but yet say nothing about being dumb with their money, if I invest my money and time in one of these cruises, no matter which line, I am going to enjoy it!:D :D :D I get a big kick when we are disembarking, always there is a bunch of sour pusses, gripeing and complaining about it being over, they remind me of my kids when vacations would end, gripe, gripe, gripe cause they had to go back to school, except for the disembarkers, it's back to work... :mad:

Archived