Hideaway Powerboat and Beach Escape

ChiMC

Hi Everyone

Has anyone tried this excursion in Cozumel. Carnival sponsers at 95.00 per person, any one know how I can get a non Carnival booking, maybe save a few bucks. It is just power boating to a beach with a buffet lunch.

Thanks Mike

My DW, DD and I did this on our spring break cruise this past year. I had to talk DW into it because of the price (I think it was $99 on HAL), but she still says it was the best excursion she has ever been on. From what I saw, all the people that did this were from Cruise Line excusions, I did not see any one who booked it on their own.

They meet you at the dock, and bus you to their shop on the beach (15 minutes away). They go over the rules/safety tips, and then you are paired off into the 2 seater boats. Since there were 3 in our family, I was paired with a teenage boy from a family that had 5 people.

Then you are off on your 45 minute ride to the beach. The boats are small (14 foot??) fiberglass boat that go about 20 MPH. You are allowed a lot of freedom to "play" with the boat, jumping waves, playing in the wake of the boat in front of you, etc.

The beach is a really nice, deserted beach that they have set up with blankets and umbrellas, and a very good Mexican buffet. You spend about an hour there, eating, beach combing, sunbathing, playing vollyball in the water, whatever you feel like. It reminded me of a Corona beer commercial, minus the beer.

After you leave the beach, It is another 45 minute ride back to the buses. It is something that we will consider doing again.

Archived