Playa Del Carmen Beach Resorts

LakerMom

Our cruise boat "Holiday" will be stopping off for the day at Calica. I noticed that if I go thru Island Marketing for a day at an all inclusive resort they never mention what the resort is that you are paying to go to. Does anyone know what beach resort Island Marketing uses. I guess it would really be Play Del Carmen area.

I went to a site for Cozumel and a list of beaches pulled up showing ammenities and prices for the day so you could do the all inclusive or you could just go and hang there for the day for a cheaper price. Is there any type of guide for the beaches in Play Del Carmen area like the one for Cozumel?

Any assistance is appreciated!

• 1 month later...

We booked the Beach Break excursion thru Island Marketing for July. I tried to find out in advance where it is and got no response from anyone so I went out to Island Marketing and selected the Beach Break excursion then sent them an email to find out some more information.

In July we will be going to the Grand Coco Beach Resort. After researching this resort, I found out that it is a nice smaller resort and has one of the nicest beaches.

I suggest you just send Island Marketing an email and ask where it is and whatever other questions you have. They will answer your questions but will also send you letter with a link in order to sign up if you decide. If you decide to go on this excursion you can follow those directions but they will respond to your email questions. Hope this helps.:)

i am looking for the same type of information also!!!

we think we know what we are going to do in cozumel, but have been having a very hard time finding information on playa del carmen!!

hope help is on it's way!

thanks...

Hi Shannon! It' s Liz from the Fantasy 2007. I'm leaving in 2 weeks (Spring Break) on the Celebration for Key West and Nassau, Bahamas.

I've been to Playa del Carmen before and it's a great town. Lots of shopping on 5th AV - great place to browse and barter with vendors. The whole beach in Playa del Carmen is beautiful and open to the public; lined with restaurants, resorts and hotels. Just walk along the beach and look for a place to your liking. Some may charge you $5 to use their chairs and some may let you hang out as long as you buy food and drink. Your ship might also offer a Beach Break excursion. I did this when I was on the Inspiration in June 2006. The cost was $36 that included the use of La Playa Beach Club with an open bar.:) We took a charter bus to Xpu Ha beach (nice and secluded) where there was a neat restaraunt with an outside bar with swings. There were palapas with tables, chairs and lounge chairs on the beach. There were water toys available. Also, a shopping area for souvenirs.

Archived