Anyone doing the 6 week body makeover?

JYeagersGrl

I just started Sept. 9th and was looking for buddies working towards the same goal of losing weight before a cruise. I'm hoping to lose 85lbs before my June 2005 cruise its attainable I believe but I just need to kick my butt into gear and get some buddies. I'm also losing weight for my wedding and the cruise will be my honeymoon cruise.

~Lisa

Hey, saw your post in the Dew thread and asked how you were liking the program. Have a bid in for one, so hopefully I can join you. Keep your fingers crossed that no one outbids me!:) Was thinking of starting a thread like this myself, but was waiting to see if I got the kit.

How is it going? Does it look doable? Is it overwhelming? Please keep me posted.

Good Luck!

PS: My cruise is in June also and I need to lose 70#s.

At first I was a bit overwhelmed you get a fairly good amount of information and its a lot to read but you don't have to read too much to get the jist of the program. There are a lot of choices to eat and after a day on the program I wasn't hungry. I screwed up over the weekend cause I was taken out to a nice dinner and didn't have any healthy options but Monday is a new day :). I really enjoy it and it seems like I can easily stick to it. I hope you get the kit. If you get outbid honestly I think it's worth the price of buying it through provida it's on sale right now for like $120 and you get 6 weeks of trying it and if you don't lose 30lbs you can return it or if you don't like it either. You have a lot of options at first I was annoyed cause I thought I could only eat fish but I saw turkey and chicken was fine too so I've been eating mostly chicken and turkey.

Let me know if you end up getting the kit or not!

~Lisa

Well I got the kit. It should include the main kit, the 6 day mini, and the accelerated sculpting kit. I paid more than I wanted, but got in a bidding war. Probably should have let it go, but was tired of watching for it. Paid $80, including shipping. Should have it by the beginning of next week (maybe sooner). Are you still going to "do the Dew" also? Hope you want to continue this thread-am sure I will want a buddy to get through it. Am excited, but scared--want to lose, but find such comfort in food. Although, as Dr. Phil would say,"What's it doing for you?". Not much in the long run. :o

Keep me posted!:D

Best of Luck!:)

Yes I noticed after I posted that message that you were from Louisville. I love that place I'm a southern girl at heart. I'd love to continue this thread with you it will be great to have a buddy. Yes, I am planning on continuing the DEW challenge I find that I do best with diets when I'm in challenges.

I'm so happy you ended up winning the kit and don't be nervous it really isn't that bad. I've done La Weightloss, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Ediets.com, even worked for Jenny Craig and did their program and now the 6wbm and out of all those this one is the one I've liked best with Ediets.com ranking second but now that website has gone to the pits. The first day I was hungry and tempted to eat other things but I've been fine since then yea once in a while when my day gets thrown off or its getting close to meal time I get a rumbly tummy but I overall feel satisfied and more energetic.

This will be great that we are both looking to lose about the same amount for a June cruise!

~Lisa

Yes, I am excited to have a diet buddy, too. I have friends that I walk with or go to the gym with, but they don't have to lose any weight. My sil can stand to lose, but you know how it is about motivation-it has to come to someone from within and I know for myself that sometimes it is hard to come by.

Good Luck.

BTW, how much have you lost so far, or is that off limits?

I waited to start till I got the kit. Lots of people on the provida website started before they got their kit but I didn't want to. You should go over to http://www.provida.com and join the forums over there as well they have lots of recipes and stuff that is very helpful. You can also post before and after pictures and other stuff which is really neat.

~Lisa

I'm going to post my pictures as soon as I can get my stupid scanner to work. There are people on there who are like 600lbs and can post their pictures so I figure I can do it too!

No, you don't have to have purchased the kit from provida to use the forums. I started using the forums before I decided to purchase the kit.

I'm hurting today but still managed to get a good walk in :) boy am I feeling it though my tummy, buns and legs are killing me! Really hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow! I'll let you know my results and don't forget weigh in for the DEW challenge is tomorrow as well.

~Lisa

I won't forget to weigh in!:p I'll check out the forum tonight. Been tracking my package, but it says it has only been sent to billing, not picked up yet--how disappointing. Hoping the tracking is off, have recieved packages before when tracking said it was still in the warehouse. Figure I should have it by Monday. This week has gone by quickly and guess I should start doing something or I'm going to be behind. Good luck!

I know what ya mean with packages mine say that all the time and then they are already on the porch or something. Hope your package is here soon. I'm overall pretty happy with my results for the first week still wish I had stuck to it over the weekend instead of eating junk but yea well what can ya do hopefully my weight loss stays fairly high for now.

~Lisa

Why me! I swear everytime I start a program and lose a good amount of weight something happens that is gonna cause me to gain it back! I got extremely sick last night my dad was about ready to take me to the hospital so now I have no energy low electrolytes and on the soda and cracker diet as well as taking stuff to increase my electrolytes. GRRRRR plus last night I went on a bit of a splurge but since I got sick none of it really stayed with me so hopefully that won't affect me too much. I'm so glad to hear your excited about the program I really enjoy it!

~Lisa

I hope it was just a bug and not something to do with the diet!:eek: Hope your feeling better. Take care of yourself and get well, then worry about the diet. You probably already ahead of your goal, so let your body heal and don't stress about the diet. You are definitely motivated and will get right back on the horse after you are feeling better.

Should get the kit this afternoon. Am worried about no sweets. Feel like I should stand up and say "My name is and I am a sugar-olic". And I'm not making fun of AA-I think this is what is must feel like when they know they can't have a drink. Wouldn't be surprised if I break out in shakes and sweats any time now. Maybe once I see the plan I can relax.

Good luck! Feel better soon!

I'm a sweet aholic too and I was worried about staying away from them I walk in the store down the candy aisle and start salivating and then see tastycakes and all the other things that are bad for you but I've ignored it all I picked up a M&M yesterday and was about to eat it and just smelled it instead. I did splurge last night on goldfish crackers but I felt myself getting sick and had to have some crackerlike things in my body and some salt that always gets me through and so I ate them but its okay I'll survive so what if I gain a little bit I'm already feeling a lot better now probably due to the meds I took but I'm just looking forward to being back on the diet. I sent a message to my uncle asking if my diet may be revolting against me and he said no that usually when it comes to food that red meat will revolt against you if you don't eat it for a long time and then have some but I didn't do that so he said it just sounds like I got the 24 hour stomach bug that always goes around in the beginning of the school year.

I hope your kit arrives I have a huge waiting list for all the things I've ordered the past few days I bought a new digital camera cause my old one was junk so now I can take update pictures of myself! I bought a heart rate monitor one of those ones that you strap on yourself and it communicates to a watch so that I can wear it when I go running, memory card for my camera, Sims 2(I'm addicted to the sims games).

Hope you had fun! The videos and tapes are pretty much word for word what the book says in it so you don't have to read much of the book its more of a reference guide. I stepped on the scale this morning to see the damage done and the darn thing is saying I'm up to 211! How with being sick can I be from 207.6 to 211! GRRRRR when do you plan on starting the plan?

Don't be upset with yourself. Maybe it is just water or TOM (is that the right shortcut), anyway, it would seem to be impossible to gain that much "fat" in a day or two.

Going to start tomorrow (Sunday) so I can get my egg whites and chicken and fruits and veggies stocked. Got the book fixed up and need to take measurements. Want to read the intro and about my body type (B). The kit I got looks brand new-everything still in shrink wrap, no writing in the book. Thought it was going to be a used kit. Lucked out I would say. It also includes the accellerated body sculpting kit. Thought I would use that after I get going with the basic one.

Stay the course and good luck! Glad you are feeling better.

Wow you did luck out getting everything new. The Accelerated body sculpting thing is a video you watch which shows you all the proper moves and how to do all the different activities but you only do certain ones for your body type. I watched it a little but found it to be WAY too long.

Sorry I've been gone all weekend its been rough I was sick and then our friend lost his 3 week battle and died on Saturday so dieting has currently gone out the window for me. I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow.

Hope your first day went well!

~Lisa

I'm a "lurker" debating whether to invest the time and $$ in the program...

I'm a B also and am wondering how I'd adjust since I've been "living" Atkins for several years now (low carb lifestyle)... had been taking Cortislim for 2 months (which helped w/10lb weightloss) but I'd like to tone up and possible lose 15ish lbs.. (don't have that much to lose) wonder if this program's for me. I work out at gym at least 4 days week (if not more) but I'm limited as to what I can do 'cause I've got back problems (mainly do eliptical machine).

What do you think?

Carolyn

Welcome to the thread. I haven't done atkins, but I would think you could accommadate the change. They don't let you have a ton of carbs, although they do allow fruit and vegies. As far as I can tell on the beginning part of the plan no sweets, no breads, no added salt and LOTS (100 oz) of water. Just started and haven't done the exercise yet. They suggest not doing the elliptical (which is what I also do) because it excercises certain muscles and they want you to do excercises that cause the fat to burn (haven't read all about this yet, but think means treadmill) The hardest thing for me so far is to eat 5-6 times a day. It is heavy on chicken for the B type. Suggest going to the provida website and go to the forum, you will see lots of comments there.

Archived