Dress too fancy?

jbjs0627

I thought I wanted a simple halter. low back dress.... until i walked in to the shop tonight and tried this one on for the heck of it...and i got that "This is my dress feeling" i have been waiting for!!!!!!!

It is the most princessy dress i could have imagined... the trim is light blue (our color).. sparkly and I love it...

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=dadfdc8d-1d5f-441f-a4c6-9631bbd6dc39&categoryID=32e5a88c-cbf1-498f-afcf-dbfca138c5d3&pg=9

Only thing is that the groom will be wearing khacki shorts and a white linen shirt? How do i dress him up a bit so he doesnt look underdressed next to me????

Bwah..no such thing as too fancy if that's the dress you want! I think it'll be just fine. It's beautiful!

JMHO, but you should dress the groom up a bit more with that elaborate of a dress. If he's dead set against the tux route, how about khaki pants and a tie with the linen shirt?

The dress is beautiful! When I went looking for dresses, I originally wanted a flowy "Destination" Wedding Dress. When I walked into the store to try on dresses, the first dress I tried on is the one I ended up getting & it is no where close to a destination wedding dress!

The dress is BEAUTIFUL! And if you've been lucky enough to find something you love, go with it. My guess it that you'll regret it if you don't, and I'm sure your fiance will understand. I like the white linen idea....though certainly a tux or even suit would compliment it beautifully.

it is SO pretty!!!! And you have to get it. Imagine how disappointed you'll feel if you are wearing some other dress.... as for the groom, I agree that you might want to persuade him to dress up a bit more... but even if he refuses, you have to get that dress!

I got the big princess dress and my groom was so mad, thinking he had to wear a tux. But I showed him pics of other destination weddings where the bride had the glamorous dress and the guys were dressed down and he thought they looked great. So he decided on a light tan silk suit with an ivory silk tie. All the groomsmen absolutely LOVE the suits and there are no complaints! They say it's the most comfortable thing they've ever worn. And we got the suits for about $200 from Men's Wearhouse (about what it would have cost to rent a tux for the length of our cruise).

I thought I wanted a simple halter. low back dress.... until i walked in to the shop tonight and tried this one on for the heck of it...and i got that "This is my dress feeling" i have been waiting for!!!!!!!

It is the most princessy dress i could have imagined... the trim is light blue (our color).. sparkly and I love it...

WOW, that's the same feeling I got, but I decided my wife would look better in it. I'll just wear a dumb 'ol tux. :D

Archived