Question about Soda Card?

jadexx

I see that there is an option to buy a soda card, for all the pop while onboard.. this sounds like a great option for me & fiance' because we drink a bunch. But I saw somewhere that the pop included on this card can not be delivered with room service, only bottled pop that you are charged for... is this correct or did i misunderstand?

I think the last cruise (two weeks ago on the Star) it ended up being $2.12 including the grautity. At least that is what I was charged on my bill. I usually don't buy the soda card anymore as I don't drink enough of them to warrant it, so I just pay for them as I need them.

Ok now I'm really confused. Are drinks NOT included? :eek: everytime i want iced tea or a soda I have to pay?? Please fill me in

Soda YES, you have to pay if you don't buy a soda card each time you want a soda. Iced Tea and coffee are available 24/7 at not charge. Sodas are charged for on most cruise lines, even those like RCI, that used to include them at no charge the diningroom with your meal. Not many freebies anymore. Sorry!

Soda YES, you have to pay if you don't buy a soda card each time you want a soda. Iced Tea and coffee are available 24/7 at not charge. Sodas are charged for on most cruise lines, even those like RCI, that used to include them at no charge the diningroom with your meal. Not many freebies anymore. Sorry!

Oh wow. thanks. I didnt know. So what if i want a soda at dinner. i have to pay extra?

Is it worth it to buy a soda card? can i share a soda card with my fiance?

Oh wow. thanks. I didnt know. So what if i want a soda at dinner. i have to pay extra?

Is it worth it to buy a soda card? can i share a soda card with my fiance?

If you want a soda with dinner, and haven't purchased the soda card, then YES, you will have to pay.

Soda cards are stickers on your cruise card and are supposed to be for individual use. You show your cruise card and they bring you a fountain soda. In other words, if you want two at dinner for you and your fiance, they will not bring you two with only one sticker on one cruise card. For both of you to have soda with dinner, you will have to purchase a sticker for each of your cards. Again, sorry!

If you want a soda with dinner, and haven't purchased the soda card, then YES, you will have to pay.

Soda cards are stickers on your cruise card and are supposed to be for individual use. You show your cruise card and they bring you a fountain soda. In other words, if you want two at dinner for you and your fiance, they will not bring you two with only one sticker on one cruise card. For both of you to have soda with dinner, you will have to purchase a sticker for each of your cards. Again, sorry!

Got it. I understand now.

I haven't cruswed a much (yet!) as this poster, but I always had gotten a soda card and ordered one for myself and one for my DH with it in the dining rom. Its never ever been a problem (on all 4 of my cruises).

I haven't cruswed a much (yet!) as this poster, but I always had gotten a soda card and ordered one for myself and one for my DH with it in the dining rom. Its never ever been a problem (on all 4 of my cruises).

Ah Haaaaaaaaa, and that is why the price of the soda card has more than doubled in the last few years. They are supposed to be for individual use only, and used to be very inexpensive, but that explains why they are now so high in price, I think you aren't the only one that has been doing this. ;) Sometimes you can get away with it, other times it will just be an embarassment when they refuse more than one soda per card at a time!

As Toto says, this is why the cost of a soda card has gone up for people who are honest: people cheating and using one card for two or more people. I remember a while back that one poster was proud of the fact that his son was the life of all of the teen get-togethers because he used his soda card to order sodas for everyone. That's stealing. The soda "card" sticker is on one person's card for a reason; it's one sticker per person.

well, i usually drink about a dozen or so club soda's a day and DH might have 1 pepsi with dinner. i think it is a reasonable action on the servers part. Just giving the OP some information- judgements not always needed toto.
If your DH orders just one, then he should pay $1.50 per soda. I gather he doesn't want to pay and thinks he's owed a few sodas because he paid for your sticker?

wow. paying 3.95 a day isn't a lot of money. seriously Pam and Toto, accuing me of stealing is quite obsurd and I really feel you need to relax. the OP asked for information and i provided information on my experience. Providing me an "extra" soda a day isn't going to break the company. It is unlimited soda fountain drinks, isn't it? It doesn't say 6 a day of what you usually consume and thats it. Aren't there more important things in this world to get worked up about?

It is unlimited soda fountain drinks, isn't it? It doesn't say 6 a day of what you usually consume and thats it.
It's unlimited soda fountain drinks per person. How you interpret "per person" is your prerogative.

On HAL, when you buy a soda card, it's an actual card for a limited number of drinks. Every time you order a soda, it's punched. It would be sad to see Princess go to this because people felt that one or two extra sodas a day wouldn't break the company's bank. Looks like HAL has a different take on that.

- judgements not always needed toto.

Sorry, but I guess I am just too honest for my own good here. I don't believe in getting something I haven't paid for and letting others who are honest pay more for the things I abused by sharing what they are not entitled to. And I defintely don't alert people on how to steal from the cruise line. Sorry if you took my reponse to heart, but if you think about it, it IS the reason we all now pay more for the soda card. And I think I was wrong in my first guess, I think it is now about triple in price from what we paid originally.

Pam, glad to see there is more than one honest CC member on this board that also believes that sharing things like the soda card that is meant to be unlimited soda for ONE is not something you share with your spouse or other family members.

seriously, this is my last post on the subject. I don't think the OP asked for anyone to pontificate on the subject-they were simply seeking information. I don't believe they (or I for that matter) asked for opinions. Message board bullies and cruising nobs abound.

to the op- do what you feel is right and enjoy.

merry christmas.

Aren't there more important things in this world to get worked up about?

When people do things that cause me/and everyone else to pay more, then of coarse that gets me upset. And sharing a soda card does just that, causes everyone to pay more for it.

Happy Holidays!

Pam, glad to see there is more than one honest CC member on this board that also believes that sharing things like the soda card that is meant to be unlimited soda for ONE is not something you share with your spouse or other family members.
And, it's not because we have our panties in a wad and don't have more important things to think about. Lack of honesty is one of those things that really "gets" me, whether it's a soda card or not.

Not only has the cost of a soda card doubled or tripled because of people "fudging" but the Internet perks were also changed because of people sharing Platinum (or Elite/Suite) cards to get onto the Internet. The Internet perk is now limited because of dishonesty so it does have a cause and definite effect.

Pam, I am sure you know I couldn't agree with you more on these subjects.

It has nothing to do with being a bully or a snob in my book. It is just plain and simply taking something you did not pay for, therefore causing other honest people to pay more for the item.

IMHO (of which I also have a right to express) of coarse. ;)

Archived