Cunard Insurance Coverage Change Request

RMVET

Unhappily, my BIL discovered that the proposed Jan. 7 stike by BAA will fall on the day he was to fly to the U.S. to join us on the QE2 world voyage. To avoid the problem he has moved his travel date to Jan. 4 at an additonal cost of 65 pounds.

It only occurred to him afterwards that his travel insurance starts on the 7th, so we're not sure if he can move the coverage forward by a few days. Does anyone know if Cunard is flexible in making changes to their travel insurance? We are mostly concerned about having the health insurance coverage in place. We may not be able to get through to Cunard UK until after Christmas. In the meantime, we're wondering.

Sorry to hear about the effects of the proposed strike on your BILs travel plans. I hope it works out OK for him.

I have no experience of Cunard insurance, but my experience with other insurers suggests that they're not generally inclined to be 'flexible'. More so if it involves changing date of travel and, in so doing, increase their risk....and cost. He might be as well to call it quits at £65, unless he has annual cover which includes he period pre 7/1.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation and happy holiday:)

Anita

Why has your BIL had to change the flights himself? Is it a Cunard US booking? If it was a Cunard UK booking, Cunard would change the flights and insurance accordingly.

Is he based in the UK? If so, Boots.com offer single trip insurance for £35. That would cover the other days.

The obvious answer though would be to contact Cunard as soon as possible. They are open tomorrow and Monday, and then between Christmas and New year. They would be able to tell him.

Why has your BIL had to change the flights himself? Is it a Cunard US booking? If it was a Cunard UK booking, Cunard would change the flights and insurance accordingly.

Is he based in the UK? If so, Boots.com offer single trip insurance for £35. That would cover the other days.

The obvious answer though would be to contact Cunard as soon as possible. They are open tomorrow and Monday, and then between Christmas and New year. They would be able to tell him.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. My BIL booked his own air tickets but took out Cunard insurance for trip cancellation and health insurance. I recommended that he try again, and he was able to get through to them. Much appreciation to Cunard who not only changed his date of coverage, but did not charge him anything to do it.

Archived