Questions about Zuiderdam

MDL1771

I agree with KK.

I have never heard of this towel ticket business. Been on ALOT of HAL cruises and have always been able to collect towels at the gangway and we made sure to RETURN them there.....

I hope the person who posted about this towel ticket business is mistaken. Four cruises on Zuiderdam and we did not experience that.

Maybe this was a testing program....

The "towel ticket" was a very polite slip of paper left in the cabin every night (I seem to remember it even on the 1st shore stop) with the next day's dailies. On it was written something like, "If you require a towel when you go ashore, please fill in your cabin number (blank line) and bring with you....." It wasn't a large slip of paper, and many pax forgot them (steward recorded cabins), but many did. I heard no complaints. It really wasn't inconvenient or "tacky" at all. I'm glad they do this because I know this is a way to control costs in order to maintain affordable cruising.

Couple of questions about what is supplied on the Zuiderdam.

I have heard conflicting reports about beach towels. Are they supplied, or should I bring a couple along?

Also read about people bringing clocks for the cabins. Is this necessdary, or are there clocks you can see in the middle of the night?

Thanks for the help!:)

Beach towels are provided both at the pools and when you leave the ship for a shore excursion. When leaving the ship, though, you have to provide your cabin number. When you return to the ship, the deck officer checks his list and credits you for returning the towel. Presumably, if you lost it or whatever, you would be billed.

Clocks are not provided and I have no idea why since any landside hotel provides a clock in the room. I always bring a little travel alarm clock with a button you can push to illuminate the face if you want to see the time in the middle of the night.

Blue skies ...

--rita

S7S yes they did take down your stateroom number and the number of towels you took. This is not a rumor I was there. What is HAL suppose to do eat a few thousand dollars a cruise in misplaced towels? If there is a better solution I am sure HAL would love to hear it, I'm sure they are not happy having to use staff for towel counts either.

Also, we did see one man being denied entrance to the Pinnicle Grill, he was in shorts and he had to leave and come back wearing smart casual on the first night. He took it well, went and changed and came back and enjoyed his meal.

Archived