Rhapsody vs Golden Princess

amartin042

Help! My family and I are booked on the Golden Princess at the end of July for an Alaska Cruise and we are looking to change to the ROS, but lately I have been reading a lot of bad reviews about the service and the condition on the ship. Is there anyone out there that has recently cruised on her that can tell me how accurate the reviews are? We all prefer RCCI, but we want to make sure that we are making the correct decision. Thanks for any help you can give me.

We just got off the Rhapsody in Singapore on 10th December having spent 16 days sailing from Sydney. All I can say is she is a beautiful ship and considering her age, she is in very good condition.

Our Cabin 7028 was fantastic, new bedding, and pillows to die for.

The crew were doing maintenance around certain parts of the ship throughout the cruise, but I havn't been on a cruise yet where this sort of work was taking place.

The crew all round were excellent.

Windjammer was confusing first day, but everyone got the knack of where to find things pretty quickly.

The only complaint we had was:

1. they ran out of tap beer between Bali and Singapore

2. they ran out peanuts

3. they ran out of Vegemite

To a ship full of Aussie's this was horrendous, but we survived on bottled beer and crisps.

The only other fault was tendering at some of the ports but thats more an issue with the ports rather than the ship.

I would sail on the Rhapsody again in a heartbeat.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks for the info. We booked the Golden Princess thinking that it would be better for our boys ages 13 and 16, but they loved the RCI cruise that we took 2 years ago so much that they asked us to change our booking to RCI. I just want to make sure that we will all have a wonderful trip. Any other info would be appreciated.:confused:

Archived