Anyone just off of the Spirit???

saraisarai

You mean they have activities??? Bingo and bar drinks are the only activities on the Spirit. They do have some tasting activities so that you know what bar drinks to buy. The Spirit is a much laid back ship. Get a 6 pack (only $20 plus 18% gratuities) and enjoy the hot tub.

You mean they have activities??? Bingo and bar drinks are the only activities on the Spirit. They do have some tasting activities so that you know what bar drinks to buy. The Spirit is a much laid back ship. Get a 6 pack (only $20 plus 18% gratuities) and enjoy the hot tub.

What rubish. There's a lot of daytime activities aboard the Spirit.

Wine tastings, beer tasting, martini tastings, darts, ping pong, chess, bridge, man jong, video games, wii tournaments, towel folding lessons, yoga, a real jogging track, a wrap around promenade, karaoke booths, and often dance lessons, besides the usual pool side contests.

To suggest there are only Bingo and bar drinks to past the extra day at sea is false.

To find out when and were any activities are, read the Freestyle Daily delivered to your cabin every night.

i have the daily(s) from dec 2 to 9th in my webshots photos (linked below)

sorry this will be your last NCL trip, with EVERY cruise lines changing routes or dropping ports..guess you won't be cruising very much?

it happens, all the time, every cruise line....

but if you are that unhappy, it's a shame...you are going to be missing out on SOOO much.

you mentioned the wii tournaments. by any chance did you attend and see which games were part of the tournaments? My kids are wii fanatics and are so looking forward to that part of the cruise on sea days!

Thanks,

They were playing the wii bowling game before one of the shows. I don't remember seeing a tournament but maybe that is done thru the kids program. They may have had it listed in the dailies I just don't remember seeing it.

We only went to one bingo and that was because we had some chances in the drawing for a free cruise. I could not believe how expensive the bingo was. It was $29.95 for paper cards and they said only one winner all week on the paper cards, so buy the electronic ones that started at $59.95. We had to sit thru two games before the drawing and they were both won by people with the electronic cards. I can't remember the highest price one, but you got 144 cards.

My husband likes the art auctions so that kept us busy. There was some trivia in Henry's Pub. I was surprised that the Newlywed game was held in the Galaxy of the Stars at 9:15 pm. If you went to the first show that night you would have been rushing to get out of there to make the show and the second show was at 9:30 so you couldn't do both. There wasn't alot of things going on but several of them conflicted so you had to make a choice. We only had two sea days so maybe with 3 sea days you will have more choices.

When we sailed on the Carnival Glory we had 3 sea days and we were a bit bored. One of the reasons we picked the Spirit was because there were only 2 sea days and we liked that. I think if they had not added a port after the loss of Costa Maya we might have canceled.

The juggling lesson was fun, the spa and fitness center were nice.

We cruise to be in the sun near salt water, so a "hot" hot tub, a bucket of beer, a good pool band and a real cook-out style lunch sat real fine with us.

Becuase of poor weather we did spend more time indoors than we would have liked, but our impression was that their was more to do on rainy days on the Spirit than on our other recent cruises. As a repeater, you also have the party in the middle of 1st sea day.

Archived