https://www.stthomascruiseexcursions.com?

Marleycruiser

:D Good Morning,

I am scheduled to go on a cruise in January and would like to know if anyone has taken part in the following shore excursion.

https://www.stthomascruiseexcursions.com/ScubaDiving.htm

I am doing the discover scuba two tank dive which seems to be a reasonable price. I would like to know if there are any reviews and or comments about this particular outfit. I have used them in Cozumel and had a great time. Here is the description they have provided. "

What is great about this trip is your boat and dive team pick you up right next to your ship, and all your gear is rigged and ready to go. No valuable dive time wasted driving across the Island to get to the Dive Center. It couldn’t be more convenient.

Our St Thomas Diving Adventure is for ages 10 years and up and is an ideal excursion for the adventurous family. This is the only dive tour that can give really keen divers the option of a two or three tank dive, all with a Professional Scuba Instructor. Your reef diving itinerary (most of which is in the 40-60ft range) will include such sites as:

Flat Cay, an easy 17-70ft reef dive, which also offers excellent snorkeling / Dry Rocks, a spectacular Grotto complex with huge overhangs, and turtles, sharks, and big pelagics. / Easter Reef, a sea mount, sporting turtles, eagle rays, and huge jew fish.

Your Wreck Diving itinerary will include such famous sites as:

The “Navy Barges”, “Catanzar Freighter / “Chrysler” Yacht / “Miss Opportunity” 350ft Hospital ship / and the most famous of all, the W.I.T. Shoal, the premier dive site of the Virgin Islands, a 400ft freighter, with smoke stack openings and every type of tropical marine life you can dream of, this should be on every divers “to do list”

Our St Thomas scuba program is designed to give all divers, from novice to professional, an educational and unforgettable diving experience. It's also a wonderful chance for experienced snorkelers to tag along and see some more exciting locations, along with the Divers in the group. Our knowledgeable Dive Instructor offers personalized service and guarantees small groups in order to offer you the best St Thomas diving experience. Our boats take either six, or twelve divers only.

Unlike other Dives offered on island, this program includes 2 boat dives and the option of 3 tanks, that take you to some of St Thomas’s most famous and spectacular diving spots. "

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated. I was going to go with Coki Divers but considering my GF and I have done Discover Scuba Programs in Cozumel (But we are not certified and it as been over two years since we dived) we did not want to do two dives from the beach. "Island Marketing" seems to have two boat dives in their discover scuba prgram, and although it is more expensive than Coki, I think it is the better choice. Looking forward in eharing from you and I will leave a review when I get back!

That doesn't seem to be a Discover Scuba dive trip. It lists dive sites that are definitely beyond the ablility level of a discover scuba diver.

most of which is in the 40-60ft
These depths are beyond the depths at which Discover Scuba dives are typically conducted.

Marleycruiser,

If you look over at the left, under the pricing it says, "Discover Diving Available, Contact us for additional info". If you contact them you will find out that there is a Discover Scuba package, it costs $125 for a 2 tank dive and it does not go to the places listed. If you are using Windows with Internet Explorer, click on the "Live Help" above the pricing. You don't have to give your full name or contact information and they will answer all your questions. When finished you don't have to book right away either.

Archived