High Seas?

Jimmy Buffett

On Monday, our captain mentioned on the PA that we were sailing over 12-14 ft seas. As it was my first cruise, I don't know if that is considered 'high' or not, but the ship sure was a-rockin'. It wasn't out of place to see people stumble up the stairs or into a wall, waiter or whatever happened to be nearby when the ship suddenly rose up or leaned to one side.

It did keep things interesting though...

On the Glory we had one seasick day of choppy water as we skirted around Frances. Nothing to violent or sudden. The Glory is so big though that when the wind hits it from the side it does heel over a few degrees and for quite a few minutes. The top 1 foot of pool water sloshed out and across the deck. Now that was cool!

I was on the Conquest 9/5/04-9/12/04 and the only time we had rough seas was on Monday when we were sailing in the Gulf during hurricaine Frances's visit to Florida. The ship was rocking back and forth and sometimes we were just leaning one way or the other for minutes at a time. Weather was wonderful though!! We did rock a little bit on the last night coming down the Mississippi, but the crew said that was normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived