What did you think of XCaret?

Babygirl5408

Sorry, I did not answer all the questions you had. Included in the excursion we booked was the ferry ride from Cozumel to Playa de Carma, the bus ride from there to the park, park admission, floating in the underground caverns, the zoo, acquarium, and butterfly exhibit, and of course, use of the beach. All food and drinks are extra, and some of the water activities, such as the dolphin swim and parasailing, are extra.

Sorry, I did not answer all the questions you had. Included in the excursion we booked was the ferry ride from Cozumel to Playa de Carma, the bus ride from there to the park, park admission, floating in the underground caverns, the zoo, acquarium, and butterfly exhibit, and of course, use of the beach. All food and drinks are extra, and some of the water activities, such as the dolphin swim and parasailing, are extra.

Transportation time to and from the Cozumel cruise pier? Thanks!

We loved Caret, but we went there when the ship was in playa del Carmen.

From Cozumel I think there would be way too much travel. The park has so much to do. You really need an entire day. The bus was long enough, let alone adding a ferry ride to it.

It can be done though.

We went there last January from Cozumel. The ferry ride was long but fun, and at times wild. We walked through Playa del Carmen to get our bus, which was interesting. Then the 20 minute bus ride, which was boring but comfortable. Xcaret is physically gorgeous. I had never snorkeled before, and didn't think I would like it much, but it really was wonderful. There were lots of multicolored fish around and there was even a baby sea turtle swimming with us! We got badly lost and ended up walking around in circles for several hours. Altogether a great day and a fun memory. We're going again in 2 weeks! This time we're planning to see a whole lot of the park that we didn't see last time. I guess a visit to the Xcaret website would be advisable so you dont' get lost and waste time like we did...

How was the walking? We are thinking of booking this and know there is a 45 min boat ride from cozumel (each way) and a 20 min bus ride (each way) but didn't know there would be walking other than at the park. Also how low is the cavern you are floating in? Would this tour be considered hard for children and older people? (One of our group walks with a cane but thinks she will be okay) is it hard to get in and out of the water for the cavern "float"? Are there anyother costs ie. tips, taxi's? Would it be worth it if you don't snorkle and just want to see the parks maybe do the carvern thing?

The walk from the ferry to the bus was long for a person with a cane. They walked fast, but I'm sure they would slow down if everyone wasn't keeping up because there is no set time they have to get there. The place itself is not hard at all. It is like a large zoo or park, with various attractions scattered about. Kids will love it. The underground river has gradual steps leading down to it, but you still have to get into that tube! the water underground was chilly but doable, and it was fun. We thought it was a wonderful place, and I would take kids or older people without hesitation. There is a good deal to see even if you don't go into the water at all. We tip the bus drivers whenever we go on an excursion. I don't know if it's expected; just seems like the right thing to do. I don't believe the restaurants were included in the excursion price, at least with Royal Caribbean, so you'll need to spend there. Also, you must put a few dollars down on snorkel equipment, but I think you get that back.

• 1 month later...
We went there last January from Cozumel. The ferry ride was long but fun, and at times wild. We walked through Playa del Carmen to get our bus, which was interesting. Then the 20 minute bus ride, which was boring but comfortable. Xcaret is physically gorgeous. I had never snorkeled before, and didn't think I would like it much, but it really was wonderful. There were lots of multicolored fish around and there was even a baby sea turtle swimming with us! We got badly lost and ended up walking around in circles for several hours. Altogether a great day and a fun memory. We're going again in 2 weeks! This time we're planning to see a whole lot of the park that we didn't see last time. I guess a visit to the Xcaret website would be advisable so you dont' get lost and waste time like we did...

We have our own snorkel equipment, do you think our FINS are really necessary? Is the snorkeling lagoon very large?

Archived