Oh yeah now I'm depressed

crusinmama06

Disney the park. Not the cruise. If it was the cruise then it would be a RCCL cruise. :(

We booked September for the meal plan and the diminished crowds. We go to Disney every year, but never in September. So let's hope we aren't washed away by a hurricane or anything. :eek:

I was able to book now and my TA will transfer the meal plan special to my account once its announced.

Now what would be funny is if we decided to go the same time. :D We won't book until they offer the meal plan for free.

We went this year but by the time your read this last year on Aug 27 I'll give you some hints now one is book your sit down reservations as soon as you can (180 days out) because they will fill up fast. Another is get up early and go to the parks because the crowd usually isn't there early in the morning. We experienced hardly any lines. There is also rational for picking which days to go to which parks or avoiding parks but it's too soon to know that schedule. In the afternoon we used the pool at the hotel and napped. We thought we would go back in the evening but the only time that would have worked out the Park we wanted to go to closed early. :(

I can't wait to go to WDW again with my son. Last time he wasn't as much of a Mickey fan as he is now.

BTW where are you staying.

I should add that it might not be quite as diminished crowdes because this is the time of year when they encourage preschoolers to come to Disney. You'll see more of it on their site as the time get's closer. They also usually have something from playhouse disney in concert every weekend. Perfect time to go for your little one. They should have a special pirates and princess party at night as well. I don't know too much about it but it does cost a pretty penny.

larronry-

The Pirate & Princess Parties are great, we went this past August. It was awesome. NO LINES. At all. We could have stayed on any ride we wanted.

We are going 9/6-9/14. From what I can tell, last year's "Mickey's Not SO Scary Halloween Party" started on that Saturday. So it won't be Pirate/Princess it will be Halloween. The price is something like $34.95 for adults and $24.95 for kids. You get special gifts (we got treasure pouches in August)

Now we always stay at Wilderness Lodge. We've stayed at the Swan/Dolphin, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Boardwalk Suites. But we like Wilderness Lodge the best. I just like the atmosphere and the proximity to everything.

We are booking NOW because my TA assures me that she will call Disney and get them to add the free dining plan when it becomes available. She said we would just book the dining plan, then wait for the promo. She better be right. ;)

And I know all about the dining as far as booking it far out in advance. What a pain!!!! I usually mark my calendar for the 180 day mark.

They will add the dining plan even after you book. That is what they did for my sister last Sept with no problem. In fact, they contacted her and asked her if she wanted to add it on.

Michelle

For Free?

Because that is what I think they are referring to above.....

For Free?

Because that is what I think they are referring to above.....

No, it was not for free. I do not think Disney gives anything for free..LOL

It was an extra charge for the week. It was $100 more to the package they had for 4 people. That was great. All that food for 4, for only $100 for 7 days. Pretty good:)

No, You will be safe!! Our vacation starts the next weekend around the 13th. I wanted to go to the western caribbean this time and was thinking of Carnival. I am just afraid we would be let down after our trip on The Mariner. My kids will be 9,13, and 15. What do you think?

We're also from GA! We're going on the Inspiration out of Tampa that week. It'd be cool to meet people from our "neck of the woods". (and any others, for that matter!) Hope you find a cruise that fits.

TC

We're also from GA! We're going on the Inspiration out of Tampa that week. It'd be cool to meet people from our "neck of the woods". (and any others, for that matter!) Hope you find a cruise that fits.

TC

Hey..

I was looking into the Inspiration as well. Last year our cruise was great but, it was a bit of a rush to come home on Sunday and have the kids in school the next day. Where are you from?

Hey..

I was looking into the Inspiration as well. Last year our cruise was great but, it was a bit of a rush to come home on Sunday and have the kids in school the next day. Where are you from?

We'll have to miss school on Friday to go down a day early, but I know I'll appreciate the weekend to "re-group" after the cruise! We're about 30-40 minutes north of Atlanta - you?

It was an extra charge for the week. It was $100 more to the package they had for 4 people. That was great. All that food for 4, for only $100 for 7 days. Pretty good:)

larronry-

We are booking NOW because my TA assures me that she will call Disney and get them to add the free dining plan when it becomes available. She said we would just book the dining plan, then wait for the promo. She better be right. ;)

Apparently it is going to be included free as part of a promotion

It *should* be free. It is part of their Sept promotion. It's call "Magic Your Way Plus FREE Dining" ;)

Yes, it's not officially released yet. They don't usually release it until June. The only difference in 08 verses 07 is that gratuities aren't included for 08.

Bummer...my sister is scheduled to be in DW in May of 2008.... :(

We'll have to miss school on Friday to go down a day early, but I know I'll appreciate the weekend to "re-group" after the cruise! We're about 30-40 minutes north of Atlanta - you?

We live in Woodstock(Towne Lake). I used to live in Roswell. What about you? How old are the kids going with you?

To all of you going to Disney Sept, lucky for you with the Free dining plan. That makes it even better. I hope you all enjoy your trips!

We live in Woodstock(Towne Lake). I used to live in Roswell. What about you? How old are the kids going with you?

It really IS a small world after all!! We're in Woodstock, too. My kids are 20, 16, and 3. I'm calling today to book our cruise - woohoo!!

Very cool to "meet" you!

TC

That is sooo funny we end up in the same town. Last Sept when we went on The Mariner, we met 5 families form Woodstock and also a few from Canton. My boys also met some nice kids from Henry county. They all still keep in touch. I was on the Roll call for this trip on the Inspiration on CC and I was talking to another women who will be on this cruise with some other families as well. They are also from Georgia. It sems like it will be a great cruise. Is your 16yr old a boy or girl?

Michelle

larronry-

The Pirate & Princess Parties are great, we went this past August. It was awesome. NO LINES. At all. We could have stayed on any ride we wanted.

We are going 9/6-9/14. From what I can tell, last year's "Mickey's Not SO Scary Halloween Party" started on that Saturday. So it won't be Pirate/Princess it will be Halloween. The price is something like $34.95 for adults and $24.95 for kids. You get special gifts (we got treasure pouches in August)

Now we always stay at Wilderness Lodge. We've stayed at the Swan/Dolphin, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Boardwalk Suites. But we like Wilderness Lodge the best. I just like the atmosphere and the proximity to everything.

And I know all about the dining as far as booking it far out in advance. What a pain!!!! I usually mark my calendar for the 180 day mark.

I've been disappearing because I've been having problems getting online. Discovered my router was going. So now I have a new router. Problem was hooking up the network printer and Slingbox but it's all working now. Anyway if you have the Disney Credit Card the promotion starts in April but I will miss the free gratuities. If you do one of the expensive meals it really paid off. Although if I read it right and truthfully I was totally confused in reading it they are including some things that they didn't include last year like the hotel drinking cup and I think 2 snacks a day instead of 1. Doesn't help me much since I don't drink soda for the cup but the snacks are good. LOL

The free meal plan usually starts the last week in August which will catch some northerners before their kids go back to school but not the locals because Florida starts beginning to mid August. We went the week we went because we were meeting friends of my DH's and their kids.

You must have gone a different week from us because we definetly had lines in the afternoon. We were there in the afternoon on the day we arrived and towards the afternoon on the day we left. (Didn't help him sleep on the car ride home. :() We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and loved it because it was a compact resort with the food court, bus stop, pool, and your room not so far from each other. Although the food court was better over at Port Orleans Riverside that place is huge. I also like taking the boat to Downtown Disney where we ate one night. In all my years of going to Disney (since 1971 :eek:) I don't think (and I could be wrong) I've ever stayed at Fort Wilderness.

If we end up going the same week we will definetly have to arrange to meet up at least for lunch or to ride some rides one morning or something. But I am glad to know that you can make reservations and then change them to the free dining. So maybe I should do the same because although I know that it's not a problem to get a room it the meal reservations that I hate to put off. I should correct myself depending on the hotel you want because they do have a limited number of rooms for the deal.

That said the meal plan is probably the way to go free or not. We calculated it out last year when tips were included and you came out ahead. I'm sure you still do but just not quite as ahead.

Oh a good place for a counter service (and we did this for dinner) is Wolfgang Puck Express in Disney Marketplace. Of course I'm sure you'll be in the parks more but that was the evening we planned for some Disney shopping.

I don't think (and I could be wrong) I've ever stayed at Fort Wilderness.

It's not Fort Wilderness (that's the camping site. I don't do camping...lol) It's Wilderness Lodge...;)

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortLanding?id=WildernessLodgeResortLandingPage

It's only a few years old. And they have "Old Faithful", a replica of the real geiser except it goes off every hour. :D The boat from Wilderness Lodge takes you to Magic Kingdom. And you can watch both the Electric Light Water Parade on the beach AND see the fireworks from MK. Can you tell I love that place? :D

It's not Fort Wilderness (that's the camping site. I don't do camping...lol) It's Wilderness Lodge...;)

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortLanding?id=WildernessLodgeResortLandingPage

It's only a few years old. And they have "Old Faithful", a replica of the real geiser except it goes off every hour. :D The boat from Wilderness Lodge takes you to Magic Kingdom. And you can watch both the Electric Light Water Parade on the beach AND see the fireworks from MK. Can you tell I love that place? :D

Man I'm tired. I've actually stayed at the campground. It's the lodge I don't think I've stayed at. :D How big is it and how are the buses to the other resorts. Maybe it's something to consider.

Man I'm tired. I've actually stayed at the campground. It's the lodge I don't think I've stayed at. :D How big is it and how are the buses to the other resorts. Maybe it's something to consider.

It's big, but not as big as some of the other hotels there. We could stay at the opposite end of the hotel from the cafeteria and literally just walk across the pool area to get to it.

Here is the way the transport is set up...

To get to Magic Kingdom or to the Contemporary Hotel/Fort Wilderness Campground - take the boat at the dock.

The bus out front of the lodge takes you to Epcott/MGM/Animal Kingdom/Downtown Disney

Or you can take the boat to Contemporary and take the Monorail. ;)

We didn't spend a long time on the bus. It seemed to stop only at the campground first, then to the Lodge.

Oh and one of the coolest thing is you can rent all kinds of boats AND bikes there. They have riding trails where we stuck the kids in the front of a 4 passenger bike. Then we rode through the woods on the trails over to the campsite and took the kids to the petting zoo. :)

Here are the best pictures I have seen of the Lodge...

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/wlss.htm

Looks like fun. They have bikes at Port Orleans Riverside as well. You can walk from Contemporary to Magic Kingdom too BTW. Of course the kids probably want the Monorail. I'm thinking that we are going to have to do the walk only because we are going to do breakfast at Chef Mickeys before the park opens and I'm not sure if the Monorail is running then. I know the bus runs to Magic Kingdom because we ate at Crystal Palace and even if the Monorail is running I don't think there is a bus directly to the Transportation and Ticket Center so that means that from Magic Kingdom it is running in the wrong direction so it would be that much soon we would have to get there. Things I will have to be researching. There is a website that you plug in where you are coming from and where you are going and it comes up with all the ways to get there and how long it takes.

And nope can't get to the transportation and ticket center but I did find the site. :)

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

That is sooo funny we end up in the same town. I was on the Roll call for this trip on the Inspiration on CC and I was talking to another women who will be on this cruise with some other families as well. They are also from Georgia. It sems like it will be a great cruise. Is your 16yr old a boy or girl?

Michelle

I'll have to go join in on the roll call board now that I've booked our cruise. Are you and your family going on this trip? And, he's a boy. :)

Archived