Giving NCL a try!

Hippygirl23

Hi there, i am thinking of booking a cruise on the Spirit out of NYC (because I live right in NJ)..and like the itinerary which includes Dominican Republic and Tortola I havent been to either island! Just wanted to ask a few general questions which Im sure are already asked on these boards somewhere.

Where can I find the menus?!

How are the balcony rooms and are their refridgerators in the rooms?

Overall I am not a picky person, I just enjoy good food, and fun in the sun, and a nice clean comfty bed at the end of the day. Whats your favorite thing about the Spirit and any other suggestions would be great, Thanks!

The cabins are approximately the same size as on the Dawn.

There are refrigerators in the Spirit's suites, but not in balcony, oceanview, or inside cabins. If you need a refrigerator for medications, they will provide one if available, as there is a limitied supply. So get your request in early.

The Spirit is a beautiful ship. I love it's Asian decor. I liked it having many public decks aft, vs deck upon deck upon deck of aft facing balcony cabins. There's only one deck of aft facing suites on the Spirit, so there's plenty of space to accommodate many more passengers wishing to see and hear the prop wash.

We loved the Spirit (Jan 07)! We had a balcony on deck 11 (our first- and probably only- balcony). Nice & comfy- balcony had two chairs and a small table. Sofa opens to a bed if you have more than two in the cabin (sofa bed wasn't too comfy, but the regular bed was). The ship doesn't have refrigertors in the regular rooms- I think the very few suites may have them, so we brought a cooler and kept it full of ice.

The aft decks are a great place to enjoy the sun (and also lots of shady areas)- close to the buffet and bars for replenishing food/drinks!

The theater is a little unusual as you enter by the stage. So if you're running late- enter on the upper level, or be prepared to be part of the show (briefly) as the headline entertainer may personally thank you for finally showing up.

Same food in both main restaurants, but we liked the service better in the Gardens restaurant- so ate there virtually all the time.

Archived