Freeport - Distance to Lucaya NP and gardens???

Could anyone please advise the best way to get from where the ships dock in Freeport to the Lucaya National Park and the Garden of the Groves? I see the park is about 25 miles. Are there shuttle busses that run from the dock or what does a cab ride cost? The ship tour (not all available) seems a little $$ as compared to paying the admission at each place.

Thanks

When we were in Freeport on a land based vacation about 4 years ago, there were no shuttles or buses which ran to the park from town. No taxis would make the trip. We rented a car for the day and drove & it was quite easily done from our hotel. I suggest you consider how much time you have in port, how much it costs to get from pier to a rental car facility ( or maybe there is something near pier ? not sure, but don't think so), time to obtain car, cost of car, time to drive to & from park, time to return car, & make it back to ship. Then how much time will you have left to enjoy the beach and park? For our upcomming cruise on 6/11, we are in port 7AM - 3 PM so we opted for ship's kayaking/beach excursion so we didn't have the transportation hassles. It is a little pricier than had we rented a car, but I am more comfortable with the security of it for this port. I have arranged all our other excursions privately or arranged car rental & I am comfortable with that everywhere but Freeport. From my past experience, Lucaya natl park is definitely worth the trip. Gold Rock Beach there is beautiful and quite uncrowded with no vendors to bother you either. At one point, my husband & I were the only people for as far as we could see in either direction. Good luck!

Archived