E Documents

tigervixxxen

I have not cruised since 2006 so I'm not familiar with the E documents. Can anyone explain a little more about them to me? So they entirely replace the mailed packet that I used to receive? When are the documents available? Do I still have to wait until 30 days out or are they ready right after I make my final payment? For a guarantee do they have the room assignment on these documents? Do I need to take all pages with me on the cruise? If I buy transfers will these also be something I need to print out and bring? It just seems like they send you so many important documents that people might royally screw things up if they leave it up to people to print everything from home.

You don't have to do the E-Docs.

If you go on the Carnival website and login, you can view your registration (the same area you go to when you complete your Fun Pass). There will be a link for viewing cruise documents. The next page allows you to choose between paper documents that will mailed to you, or e-docs that you print off. If you choose paper, they will just mail them out about a month before sailing as usual. If you choose e-docs, it will let you view all of your documents and print them off. It should include: tickets, luggage tags, sail and sign form, airline paper work (if you ar doing fly aweigh) and others.

I personally just get the paper ones still, that way I know its all there. Plus, I don't waste my ink and paper.

This is my first cruise and I chose e-docs. Mostly because I as too excited to wait until 30 days out. My edocs were available as soon as we made our final payment. However we booked a bal. guar. and our room number was listed as TBA until about 60 days out. Now I have all the information I need, flights, hotel, post cruise and luggage tags. I just took them to work printed them out and had them laminated. We printed a few copies, leaving one here in case family needs to know where we are, and an extra copy in my luggage in case I lose them. Also extra luggage tags in case they get ripped. 30 days to go and I am all set! :D

I have not cruised since 2006 so I'm not familiar with the E documents.

1. Can anyone explain a little more about them to me? eDocs take the place of the old paper docs.

2. So they entirely replace the mailed packet that I used to receive? Yes.

3. When are the documents available? As soon as you make your final payment.

4. Do I still have to wait until 30 days out or are they ready right after I make my final payment? After final payment

5. For a guarantee do they have the room assignment on these documents? That's a possibility. But, I didn't receive my assignment until I got to the dock.

6. Do I need to take all pages with me on the cruise? You would just as soon print all the pages. You will need the sail & sign form, the boarding pass, the luggage tags. (you will not need extra luggage tags to go off the ship. your steward will replace the luggage tags with an assigned number)

7. If I buy transfers will these also be something I need to print out and bring? Not sure about this question. I have never purchased transfers.

8. It just seems like they send you so many important documents that people might royally screw things up if they leave it up to people to print everything from home.If you can carry you paper docs .... you can print and carry your eDocs.

Your fun pass will not be necessary Unless they do not have that information in their computer. I've never had to show my funpass (not to say I never will). On the safe side, I always print the funpass. If you told your PVP that you prefer eDocs, you will not receive paper docs.

I've printed out the whole thing and brought it with me - but I've seen here on the board that the fun pass is the only page you need to print out and bring with you. That and your luggage tags, of course!

We just used e-docs. I was worried but would do it again in a heart beat.

I printed everything out to be safe but only needed funpass page,

sail and sign card page filled out and signed by you and other passsenger traveling with you,

The page with transfers pre and post if through carnival and page of luggage tags print as many as you will need of the luggage tags.

Have your passport, or Birth certificate and photo ID in hand along with the documents I just told you. Peoplle will tell you all you need is your fun pass but when you get to the actual carnival check in dest they ask for the copy of your sail and sign card.

You won't need your transfers in hand just keep them in your purse. ---- I printed 2 copies of the documents and gave 1 to my husband and I kept 1 just in case.

We had a room number assigned us and it was on our documnets and that's what we got.

If you are flying and book on line take a copy of your confirmation for airline. This was great because..... The ship we were on had luggage express. Our airline participated in this. So on Thursday we went to the pursers desk gave them a copy of our confirmation, they gave us different luggage tags. This is 15 dollars a person and friday night when you set your luggage out you don't see it again until you arrive home. You are the first off the ship or later if you want to be. Also the purser signed us in for our flight got our seating assignments prented the edocs for the flight and we were ready to roll.

I highly reccomend this. On saturday we had carnival transfers we gave her the copy of our edoc transfers which are in your carnival edocs (the ones I said put in your purse)... they took us straight to our teminal and away we went. FYI if you are flying out of MCO on a Saturday it is a MAD HOUSE!!!!

thanks for the information. I think I will try the e docs after I make my final payment next week. I'll also keep in mind about the luggage express. Our flight departs from Miami at 11:50am one the way home and it might be nice to cut out a lot of the hassle.

Sandestination,

I went online and completed the information but have not printed anything out yet. I never had any page show up about my sign and sail card and yet everything is marked as being completed. Is the sign and sail form something that I should have completed along with the other information or is it a form that I will print off that must be written out?

Sandestination,

I went online and completed the information but have not printed anything out yet. I never had any page show up about my sign and sail card and yet everything is marked as being completed. Is the sign and sail form something that I should have completed along with the other information or is it a form that I will print off that must be written out?

Your fun pass and your eDocs are in 2 separate areas. You will need to click on funpass to complete that task. Then once your final payment is made, you will need to click on view your documents. There you will see all the necessary paperwork that contains your boarding pass, sail and sign account information, and luggage tags.

Sandestination,

I believe the poster meant to say "your boarding pass" instead of sail & sign card. You don't get the card until AFTER you sign in. :D

FYI...As a Mozilla Firefox browser user, I waited and waited for my edocs to appear on my Carnival website, only to realize the week before, they STILL weren't there and I didn't have a clue when my flight, etc. was. After sitting on the phone with Carnival for over a half hour and getting nowhere -- I went to the site one more time, but this time I used Internet Explorer, and THEY WERE THERE. They had been there the whole time! So, morale of the story -- don't use Firefox to access your Carnival edocs.

FYI...As a Mozilla Firefox browser user, I waited and waited for my edocs to appear on my Carnival website, only to realize the week before, they STILL weren't there and I didn't have a clue when my flight, etc. was. After sitting on the phone with Carnival for over a half hour and getting nowhere -- I went to the site one more time, but this time I used Internet Explorer, and THEY WERE THERE. They had been there the whole time! So, morale of the story -- don't use Firefox to access your Carnival edocs.

oh yeah ... I forgot about that, being an IE user. I'll have to remember that next time I post about this issue.

Archived