Any info at all on the new expedition ship, "Please"

Jaffa

Hi everyone!!

Does anyone have any info on the new Silversea Expedition ship at all??

I know it will be stationed in the South Pacific at first and rotate between there and the poles from next year but l can find little more info except about its makeover presently underway in South Asia.

I am interested in

Pricing (They seem to be leaving pricing and bookings very late for a 2008 start up)

Ship Style and service standards compared to the Silversea main fleet.

Proposed itin's ( l can find out no info on these except they will visit the lesser known Southern Pacific Islands, presently un-named)

How will Silversea Expeditions be different in regards to shore excursions from the main fleet offerings.

Will the food and other amenities be similar or will this be a totally new inovation and product.

Will they be using some of their regular staff and crew or will this be all new as well??

What do you think of Silversea doing this?? I think its an exceptional idea and l cannot wait. I love the idea of a more adventurous ship and itins, but hope that Silversea retains its service and luxury's on board that we all have come to love.

I think this is a very clever idea for a luxury line, and am glad no one else is doing it at this level yet.

Is anyone else interested in this new ship and intends to give it a go? Why are you concidering it??

Thanks,

Colin..............................................

Does anybody know this ship will have balconies? As I recall it had almost none in the previous incarnation. For Tahiti itinararies balcony is a must, but in the Antartic they don't want passengers getting outside on balconies I'd think.

The Captain of the ship will be the same one who comes with the ship. He has special certifications and licenses for ice, etc. A SS staff captain will be trained by him. Some of the current staff members will be going to the Silver Dawn to "bring her out" as they say. Be assured that SS will try to maintain their current standards. I am really looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been informed that the first bookings for the new Expedition Ship will open in mid May.

It is also confirmed that her initial itins will be in the South Pacific.

Archived