Radiance class vs Voyager class?

jrm9999

I am looking for opinions from those who have sailed both classes of ships. I have been on several voyager class ships and we like them a lot but want to try something new. We like a lot to do on the ship. We are not big bar people, but like shows, music and activities. If you have been on both, I am interested in hearing what you think about them both.

Thanks

I have been on 2 radiance class and 2 voyager class ships.

The Radiance class by far goes beyond in decorations and artwork than does the voyager class.

The ship is noticabally smaller once you have been on a Voyager Class ship. However, it is still pretty good sized. The solariums on the Radiance class is much nicer,

They have a Sea View cafe instead of Johnny Rockets. I liked the sea view cafe better.

About 1,000 less people on board

Hoever, you do not have the Prominade, and the other thing i noticed was the voyager class had 6 large hot tubs and the Radiance class has 3 small ones:confused:

The food is pretty much the same, however there is no prominade cafe open 24 hours. The cafe in the solarium on Radiance class is open until about 1am.

I like both classes, and wouldnt hesitate to cruise either! Give it a try!

Scott

We have been on Voyager twice and on Brilliance twice. I would go on either ship again in a heartbeat. Brilliance has both Chops and Portofinos. As mentioned, the Seaview Cafe is nicer than Johnny Rockets. The billiard table is a must see. IMHO, the tables are set way too close together in the Brilliiance dining room. Our first BOS cruise, the waiters had a hard time serving because once everyone was seated, there just was not enough space between tables for two people to navigate. Thus one had to wait while the other did their job. 2nd time - we got a better location. However, I still slightly prefer the BOS over VOS. The ship itself has nicer lines than the VOS. Lots of curves and lots of glass.

My DH & I ( and 2 friends) have been on both and loved both. In fact we have been on all the sizes from large to small and each had it's own charm. Before we went on the Legend we were not sure if we would like it after being on AOS and Radiance. But we were pleasantly surprised. So Now we are booked on the Serenade, but would go on anyone one of them again in a heartbeat. But I lean little towards the Voyager class while my husband likes smaller, so it evens out.

Archived