Guarantee Room Assignments, What's the Earliest?

kalley79

I understand that we may have to wait until getting to the ship, but, what is the earliest that anyone has found their room assignment if they booked guarantee? We are 119 days out and I am assuming it is still way to early. Also, we are booked as a group, will that change how soon we are assigned our rooms? Thanks in advance for the info.

Kellie

I've gotten an assignment as much as five months pre-cruise...and as little as five minutes before I embark. Keep in mind, an "assignment" is subject to change until embarkation day. In both cases mentioned, I was part of a "group"

We are at 60 some days and still list as TBA on the web site, so you may have a bit of a wait. It probably depends on how quickly the ship fills up I would think. All I know is I have a room waiting for me and knowing the number isn't going to make the time go by any quicker <darn it!>. We are just trying very hard to be patient and see what happens! No matter where we end up, we still intend to have a great time! :D

We are at 60 some days and still list as TBA on the web site, so you may have a bit of a wait. It probably depends on how quickly the ship fills up I would think. All I know is I have a room waiting for me and knowing the number isn't going to make the time go by any quicker <darn it!>. We are just trying very hard to be patient and see what happens! No matter where we end up, we still intend to have a great time! :D

I'm on the sailing immediately prior and do not have a room assignment yet. mjbearit ... I'll try to leave some fun on the Spirit for you! If I don't use it all up, of course :)

I really don't care where we end up. I just like the feeling of one more piece to the cruising puzzle is getting into place. We booked approx. 14 mts out and it is getting close. I know, 119 days isn't close, but when you booked over a year out it seems like it is right around the corner. I guess I will start trying the gift thing at about 50-60 days and see what we end up with. Thanks for all your input.

Kellie

I always book through carnival, at a guarantee rate for the balcony level in my budget, anywhere from 5 months to 3 months out I watch for a sale with upgrades, call my PVP and usually get a really nice room with a bigger balcony than I would have gotten had I booked a balcony room in the first place.

I didn't try that for my splendor trip next January tho, as we got into a Spa balony for little more than what we usually pay anyway.

I understand that we may have to wait until getting to the ship, but, what is the earliest that anyone has found their room assignment if they booked guarantee? We are 119 days out and I am assuming it is still way to early. Also, we are booked as a group, will that change how soon we are assigned our rooms? Thanks in advance for the info.

Kellie

:cool: :cool: We got our room assignment when we booked our cruise back in July - I told our rep what room we wanted and got it. It is on all our documents. How and who do you book through when you don't get assigned a room. Is it cheaper this way. On all our cruises we always got our room assignment the day we booked. Cindy:cool: :cool:

I booked Guaranteed for Sept cruise and don't expect to see my cabin number until I check in! If I see it sooner, I'll be pleased, but know it can change... I saved money on the G rate and that's what mattered, not my cabin number. It's kinda like Christmas -- we don't know until it's time!

LK

I'm on the sailing immediately prior and do not have a room assignment yet. mjbearit ... I'll try to leave some fun on the Spirit for you! If I don't use it all up, of course :)

Oh, don't worry yourself about that! We always bring fun with us! :D Sometimes it can get a little weird, but it's always fun! When the four of us (us and another couple we are dragging along) get together ANYTHING can happen! :D

I do agree about it being like Christmas though! Since we have never cruised before I wouldn't know what room to book anyway, so the bal gty is just fine with us! Just gimme a bed and a shower and I'm good to go! The rest, well, we'll figure it out as we get there. I do think an upgrade to a suite would help to make me a regular customer though, if anybody from CCL is reading this! :D LOL! Yes, I'm shameless!

We are sailing in April and have received our rooms. Do they ever change them after you get them.

ckap,

We're sailing in April too. Was your room assignment listed in your reservation information on the Carnival Website? Thanks.

Deb

Oh, don't worry yourself about that! We always bring fun with us! :D Sometimes it can get a little weird, but it's always fun! When the four of us (us and another couple we are dragging along) get together ANYTHING can happen! :D

I do agree about it being like Christmas though! Since we have never cruised before I wouldn't know what room to book anyway, so the bal gty is just fine with us! Just gimme a bed and a shower and I'm good to go! The rest, well, we'll figure it out as we get there. I do think an upgrade to a suite would help to make me a regular customer though, if anybody from CCL is reading this! :D LOL! Yes, I'm shameless!

You have a great attitude... You're going to have LOTS of fun!!! and yes, shameless, just like the rest of us!!! :p

Happy New Year!!!

I'm not really sure that anybody but CCL can answer a question like that. We are not privy to the inner workings of CCL! But hang in there! There are rumors of wonderful New Year's gifts! Maybe you'll get something really good for your waiting!

:cool: :cool: We got our room assignment when we booked our cruise back in July - I told our rep what room we wanted and got it. It is on all our documents. How and who do you book through when you don't get assigned a room. Is it cheaper this way. On all our cruises we always got our room assignment the day we booked. Cindy:cool: :cool:

When you book you can do it one of two ways... one way is to book with a certain cabin number in a certain cat or you can book cat guarantee which means you will get a cabin in the cat you have paid for but won't be given a cabin right off... and you could get an upgrade from what you paid for also.

We booked tba and were moved to upper deck center of ship.It was on the page if you go to modify, found it on the top we have had it for a while.We are from Ct. 11 of us going 5 adults 1-16 3-17 1-18 1-23. teens all girls, 2 birthdays and 4 graduating from high school.:):):):):):)

Archived