Shoes while cave tubing

CrusieSusie

Dh and I want to do this tour, no doubt about it. But, what kind of shoes do you wear for the hike? Do you wear those same shoes while you tube? Or do you stash your stuff somewhere while tubing? What about a change of clothes, I'm not too keen on walking around Belize while wet after the excursion.

We also wore water shoes.The one thing that no one told us when we went tubing was to wear a lightweight long sleeve shirt under your swim suit. When you have to paddle with your arms, it can get quite raw rubbing up against the tube. While we had a BLAST, our arms hurt for a day or so. You can change in the public restrooms, which were very clean.

We bought some cheap water shoes@ Academy. Old tennis shoes that you don't mind getting soaked would have been easier for the walk. Pick up a waterproof camera @ home before you leave or be prepared to pay ship prices. Bring a change of clothes.

Susie,

We were very happy with our choice. We recommended them to others on our roll call for our upcoming Legend cruise. Either of the top two that are mentioned on the Belize port of call board are a good choice, since both have great reputations and are the same price.

We have opted to snorkel at Turneffe this time, since we have already been cave tubing, but as I have said, it's an awesome excursion. Have fun!

Water shoes are a MUST- Bring a T-shirt - BECAUSE LADIES, you have to carry your Intertube....AND IT IS A nice/LONG walk that is not on pavement. Rocks are everywhere even before u get to the river- All the guilds are GREAT.- The ride to the Caves is decent- not too long, not too short and u dont stop for SHOPPING.:)

I wore tevas and my husband wore Merril water shoes. Both worked fine. You need something that is comfortable enough for the short hike.

Most people on our tour (private--only way to go, IMO) just wore their swimsuits. I wore a t-shirt and running shorts overy mine and wished I hadn't because once I got into the water the shorts kept trying to float off and the shirt felt heavy and cold. I ended up tying them to the tube until we got done.

I didn't have any trouble with sore arms, but then with our company, we didn't really have to do much paddling.

I wore tevas and my husband wore Merril water shoes. Both worked fine. You need something that is comfortable enough for the short hike.

Most people on our tour (private--only way to go, IMO) just wore their swimsuits. I wore a t-shirt and running shorts overy mine and wished I hadn't because once I got into the water the shorts kept trying to float off and the shirt felt heavy and cold. I ended up tying them to the tube until we got done.

I didn't have any trouble with sore arms, but then with our company, we didn't really have to do much paddling.

Who did you use?

Archived