wine and beer in room?

RascalRoni

First, let me thank all those who contribute to the CC boards; the entries are wonderful. This is my/our first cruise, and reading all the entries is just getting me more jazzed about our 5 day Jewel cruise 3/9/08.

I think I get the bar setup scene, but can I request beer and wine to be in the bar setup? Or can my wife only drink wine at the bars/poolside? I drink beer and I know we would love to imbibe on our Jewel 10168 aft balcony. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

First, let me thank all those who contribute to the CC boards; the entries are wonderful. This is my/our first cruise, and reading all the entries is just getting me more jazzed about our 5 day Jewel cruise 3/9/08.

I think I get the bar setup scene, but can I request beer and wine to be in the bar setup? Or can my wife only drink wine at the bars/poolside? I drink beer and I know we would love to imbibe on our Jewel 10168 aft balcony. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

Yes, you may order wine/champagne with your bar set-up. You can ask them to email the wine list and they will do so.

We've never ordered beer but we see many carrying around the helmets of beer which is, most likely, a better price than the set-up but you may certainly ask them the price of the beer when you call for the wine.

There is a $3.00 service charge for your total bar set-up. Also, you should order it, at least, two weeks before sailing.

Enjoy your aft balcony:)

Thanks. It seems obvious that if I bring wine/champagne I will be charged a "corking" fee; otherwise I would just pack a few bottles in our luggage. Can I order a bottle of wine delivered to the room? I can't imagine a bottle couldn't be delivered to our room....anything's possible if the price is right. Well, almost anything I guess:rolleyes:

We ordered the bar set-up for our Dawn cruise last month (seems like a lifetime ago!) We had one bottle of vodka and one bottle of rum and six beers (different varieties) awaiting us in the room when we arrived. Prices seem to range between $40 to $55 per bottle, expensive until you think of what the price per drink is at the bars. However, we bought those as well. You can't beat their Bloody Mary's and Salty Dogs!:o :D We brought our mixers on board with us. We did not find wine available on the bar set-up however; we ordered the $79.00 romance package which included a bottle of sparkling wine, canapes, chocolate covered strawberries, picture taken, and dinner for 2 at Le Bistro with a bottle of wine included. It was well worth the price! You'll have a great time.:)

It's German beer I was told. I'm never gonna let her live that down. :) You can order it right after you complete the mustard drill.:D

Ms Belp isn't as funny as she thinks she is :eek: .

The beer "helmuts" are a better deal than the beer in the bar set-up, I've found ( aside..before we left on our cruise, I asked a question about beer helmets but misspelled it helmuts. Another poster replied that beer helmuts are German beers. Ms Belp refuses to let me live it down and thinks that beer "helmuts" is the funniest thing she has ever read-anywhere. She's laughing and snickering right now. :p )

Archived