Majesty Review (between hurricanes cruise)

mammallama

This waiter and assistant waiter were the only negative part of our trip. They would never come to the table until about 5 minutes after we had sat down (we had to ask someone to go tell them we were here) they never took special requests, one night after I got my entree and didnt like it they told me the kitchen had stopped serving and I couldnt order a different main dish.... that REALLY irritated me! One night they were so slow in bringing our desserts out that we were the last people out of the dining room-many of the servers and head waiters had left! They only saving grace was the food was excellent and our head waiter was over at the table more then the waiter and asst waiter helping us out and taking our orders! We told him and the Maitre'd about the service, but who knows if anything will be done about it! Despite all that we still had a WONDERFUL trip and Ill go back on the Majesty in a heartbeat (just not to table 81 in the Mikado dining room!) :D

Adam--Sorry to hear about your lousy waiter. We had an excellent waiter in the Maytime dining room, can't remember his name...bad me. We, too, thought the food was very good. Ate in the dining room every night. We had only one other couple that ate at our table for 8, they showed up late for dinner every night, usually when we were eating dessert. The first night we waited but after that we told our waiter to just go ahead and order. I felt guilty leaving them when we were done, kinda felt like we were the ones being rude, but oh well!

:D Glad to hear you guys made it home OK.

3_2_121.gif

I'm sure Lauryn has ways of getting even that we can't even fathom... ship's secrets and all :eek: And Wallie, she sure is wonderful representative of the cruise line :)

Diane and I weren't thrilled about our main waiter either... we ate dinner in the dining room the first nite for open seating (that waiter was good, but not who we had the second nite), and the formal nite, but never went back to the dining room for the last two nites as one of our tablemates was, shall we say, not very happy, and we just couldn't take it for 2 more nites. The waiter left a little to be desired too - maybe just having a bad day, but still... :( Ate dinner in the Windjammer (was neat eating dinner next to the windows during the Cozumel sailaway :) ) Wed and Thur nite. The food was great no matter where we were eating.

Frank,

trying to figger out when/where to go next cruise ;)

I'm sure Lauryn has ways of getting even that we can't even fathom... ship's secrets and all :eek: And Wallie, she sure is wonderful representative of the cruise line :)

Frank,

Thank you for your remarks about 'L'. We took her on 9 or 10 as a pax in the past years, so she know's what she expected. So she tries (I hope) to extend the same service we wanted.

EW

Wallie--Lauryn did mention that she knew she wanted to work on a Cruise ship since she was ten. I think it's neat that she's realized her dreams.

I wonder if the waiters 'bad performance' is because of all the crabby people on board. I'm sure it would get to them after a while. Oh well, we had a great time in spite of it all.

So Frank--Hooked, are ya? Me too. Now if I can just figure out how to pay for all the cruises I'd like to take, life'd be good. :rolleyes:

She just called as they were leaving Key West and said this gruop was OK but not as good as last cruise, THAT MEANS YA'LL !:D

She had some words with one of the other CD staff members who seems jealous and she said she wanted to come home:( . Hopefully she is just having a moment and will be OK in the morn. It is still just a job to some not an adventure like it is to her ! She is now really ready to go to CA next Thurs.

Will keep ya'll updated, and thanks for the great comments.

EW

Yea he did charge twice Adam... hes on my bad list now too... He had my card number from the crew list and put it on there...Got some good pics that I am gonna put on a thread some time this week. See yall soon...

It was nice meeting and playing trivia with you last week. Keep up the great work.

(Yyyy-M-C-A...)

Thanks for all your support guys! You have no clue at this very moment how much better it makes me feel... Dont know how many times I cried today cause I am so homesick.... Dont know if its just the mixed hormones or what... TMI... Girls know what that means....I know but I think that has something to do with it... Guess I just really ready to be with a good happy staff that enjoys working together as much as I wish they did... LOVE doin the YMCA cause I finally get to be a policeman(woman)... fun stuff... I promise I am getting mom and dad on the Monarch sometime in November or December... It would be worth a million dollars to me to get to see you guys... Give me a month to earn it and Ill let you know the date. Talking to to Loyalty Ambassador tomorrow to see what I can do. Talk to you guys tomorrow. I have to go intro late night comedy..... Love Yall

Lauryn

While we are talking about cruise staff on the Majesty, I would like to get my Kudos in as well. It was nice meeting Lauryn first off. Hope to see her on another cruise in the future. Compared to some of the other comments, we seemed to get very lucky with wait staff. We were in Maytime at table 106. Our waiter was A.J. (He has been mentioned in reviews by others) Asst. Waiter was Malek(?) from eastern europe. Although Malek was quiet he was very efficient. AJ was absolutely fantastic. (For those so inclined, you might even asked to be seated at one of his tables.) Our table had My In-Laws (celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary), My Wife and I, a couple from Chicago celebrating the husband's 40th Birthday, and a pleasant couple from Colombia celebrating the wife's one year anniversary of a transplant. So we all were celebrating something. Unfortunately, the Colombian couple had limited English skills, and the rest of us had limited Spanish Skills, but we did have some good communications. But sadly, we only saw them the second night at dinner. Although we did keep bumping into them all over the ship. (usually by the Shops of Centrum since everybody had on board credit!)

But, back to AJ, this being our third cruise, he and Malek made up the best wait staff we have had so far. Talking with him, he has been on board the Majesty for three years and has no plans on transferring to another ship. He is great and when we go back to the Majesty, we WILL request his table.

He is that good. (I also told him that he had been mentioned on a review on Cruise Critic and he was really excited and said he would have to check, Hi AJ!!!!)

Wow Lauryn -

Sounds like your going through a really rough time right now. Hang in there girlfriend!!! I'm sorry to hear you're so down in the dumps. I can't even imagine you being so unhappy. When I was on the Majesty last month, you always looked like you were having so much fun!! Maybe you just need a change of scenery?? How long have you been on the Majesty now? Have you been on any other RCI ships? I'm sure things will turn around once you head over to the Monarch!

Don't let the numb-nuts get you down!!!:)

I have only been on the Majesty and only for 3 months now. Its not that Im unhappy, just wanna see my cat, and my mom, and my dad, you know stuff like that. I have only 6 days now... yea!!! I see ya around here mammallama! See you guys later, time for boat drill....again...

Hi all , I love the Majesty also. Was on the 8/23 cruise.
I had Keith and Zenal for dining in the Asian themed dining room (mikado sp?)

Lauryn was so much fun at Karoke. Glad to see you traded in the sailor suit. The policemen left because his child was to be born- correct Lauryn??

{{{Lauryn}}} I guess a cruise ship is no different than any other large office except you don't get to leave at the end of the day. Our office holds about 1500 staff and it can be a mixed bag of personalities. Some great, some.........well, you get the picture. I remember when I first started. It was a different department many years ago. We had a long-term employee (female) that either loved you or hated you. And it could all be in the space of an hour. We had a fairly cordial relationship until one day she decided she hated my guts! Not just a mild dislike, she hated me. Now this woman was known for her baked goods that she'd bring in every once in a while. One morning I walked into the office and every desk had a scrumptious looking muffin in the centre. Every desk except mine. Point made. I transferred out of that department and heard several years later she had been forced into early retirement. What goes around comes around. Eventually these people PO the wrong person. Take the high road. At least you can look in the mirror. :)

Beth

"L" We talk all the time on the Rules thread on Floataway.
DAD

Very nice album, Adam... I think I got to find me a "el Porsche-o" (but don't tell Diane ;) ) Can vacation photos make ya 'homesick'? Or is it 'vacation-sick' :D

Now I have to head out and grab some lottery numbers - hopefully the correct 6 for the correct nite so Lauryn doesn't have to spend her million $$$ :D

Frank

Wow... sounds like you were on the cruise that went out right after ours...

I was on the Majesty for the August 30th cruise, that got extended for 5 days due to Hurricane Frances. I have to say, this was one of the biggest adventures I've had on a vacation. RCL let us stay on the boat if we couldn't get out of Miami (we would have gotten $200 per stateroom back if we left the ship)... but it was really a no brainer for me.

I got to get an extra 5 days at sea relaxing, got to see the edges of a hurricane, experienced a rescue at sea with a Coast Guard cutter coming out to meet our ship to take off a crew member who had to be flown to a hospital for appendicitis, and got a free ride back to the airport thanks to RCL.

We only had 700 of the 2500 usual passengers and everyone was so relaxed on part 2 of our cruise. The only thing I wish they would have had was a t-shirt or a photo with the life ring with the words... Hurricane Frances... cruising to nowhere. AND that my cabin stewart had made me at least ONE Towel animal.

Just curious... Did the captain mention anything about the adventures during the cruise to nowhere tour the previous week during your cruise?

[quote name='FlamingoGirl24']Just curious... Did the captain mention anything about the adventures during the cruise to nowhere tour the previous week during your cruise?[/QUOTE]
Hey FlamingoGirl--(Would that make you a [I][COLOR=Magenta]pink[/COLOR][/I] flamingo?) :p
Our cruise indeed was the one after yours. No mention was made publicly of the passengers or cruise before us. The staff made some references in conversation, but only if we asked about it.

You didn't get ANY towel animals? :( This past June on the AOS, we hardly got any towel animals either, maybe 2 out of 7 nights. But on the Majesty, Joel our room steward made us 2 [I]different[/I] animals each night, one for each bed! Except the last night he made us both hearts. [IMG]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_1_126.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_1_127.gif[/IMG]Awwwww.....

Archived