how much for taxi to Wildlife Reserve?

surfmanjoe

Anybody knows how much for taking taxi to wildlife reserve?

I saw someone suggest taking bus there and get taxi back. Is it easy to get a taxi back at wildlife reserve?

where may I find the bus stop to wildlife reserve?

I checked the public bus schedule, the route 1A1 to wildlife reserve begins 11:45am from M to F. but there is note says

" NB: 6:50am, 8:20am, 4:10pm departure time mon-fri, 7:40am, 11:10am departure times on saturdays, the 9:30pm bus on sat and sun combines with Boscobelle and the 11:30pm bus on sat and sun combine with Boscobelle and Pie Corner"

I am confused if any bus go there before 11:45am? how about 8:20am?

Thanks for any response.

Hi, I took a taxi from port to the Barbados Wildlife preserve. For three of us it cost $60 a few years ago. We spent about one hour or more there and the cabbie waited. It is a long drive there and cabs don't come there without a definate reason. I would not trust getting a bus, because the preserve is way out with nothing else around We enjoyed it. The first time there , was mid afternoon and we saw monkeys coming in to eat. The second time there we saw no monkeys

Cameron Reid took us to the Wildlife Reserve, with several stops on the way there. He charged us $30 pp (there were 5 of us). We were there around noon and saw dozens of monkeys.

How long does it take to get there? And is there anywhere else to see the island's monkeys? I know we saw them elsewhere once before, but not sure where!

It's hard for me to say how long because we made a couple of stops along the way. It is up in the northern part of the island, at least an hour. Maybe aplmac can answer the question about the monkeys. I'm sure they are other places, but don't know how likely you would be to see them.

Cameron Reid took us to the Wildlife Reserve, with several stops on the way there. He charged us $30 pp (there were 5 of us). We were there around noon and saw dozens of monkeys.

Do you have a link to his web site....or know how I can contact him...I am going the end of Feb and looking for a tour guide there.

Archived