VIP Boarding

Sun-n-Fun

So, my husband and I booked a Balcony Guaranteed and so did my aunt. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to a Cat. 11, she was not - probably because she is a single traveler. She did, however, pay the same price for her room as we did as if she was booking two to the room. She doesn't mind too much, as she loves to travel and has encountered this most everywhere.

Here's my question - it sounds like we can check in thru the VIP check in. Any chance in having her try to check in with us so we can all check in together, or should we wait in line with her. This is her first cruise and we don't want to leave her by herself. The same question goes for disembarkation. Thanks for your help!

We will be on the Conquest Jan. 27.

So, my husband and I booked a Balcony Guaranteed and so did my aunt. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to a Cat. 11, she was not - probably because she is a single traveler. She did, however, pay the same price for her room as we did as if she was booking two to the room. She doesn't mind too much, as she loves to travel and has encountered this most everywhere.

Here's my question - it sounds like we can check in thru the VIP check in. Any chance in having her try to check in with us so we can all check in together, or should we wait in line with her. This is her first cruise and we don't want to leave her by herself. The same question goes for disembarkation. Thanks for your help!

Yeah... if you're traveling together that's normally not a problem.

Yeah... if you're traveling together that's normally not a problem.

Mach I hope you are correct as we are VIP going on Randy's cruise in 6 day's and we have BIL/SIL (different cabin)that have not cruised before and would like for them to be able to checkin with us...or we will checkin with them. I guess we will find out in Miami.

If you booked the trip together then it may not be a problem.. If you guys didn't book together then they may not let her.. She is adult right? I'm sure she can check in without you... I know it would be nice to check in together and you may get to do that.. But just beware that you may not be able to that when you get there..

I'm still waiting to do VIP boarding.. Can't wait to do that..:D Have fun...

We did it when we sailed in October - my mom had a suite and we had an interior. When we first got there the first port worker we encounted was telling us we could not go through VIP with my parents, but as soon as I told them that my DD was in my parents cabin, they let us right through. If they are booked seperately then I do not think it will be so easy - we were booked together.

Because its a guarntee, you probably wont find out the room number until you get there - I could be wrong. You can try to go through together, but you may be stopped. As far as disembark, wait till you get your numbers, then if they are too far apart, go to the pursers desk and request the same numbers.

Have a great cruise!!

We are platinum club members, and traveled with 15 this last summer on the Conquest. My husband and I were the only VIP's, but the people at the check in had the rest of our group go through the non-US area, and they actually beat us out of the check in process! In all, it only took about 15 minutes, but it certainly wasn't a problem.

As for debarkation, we didn't check that out, as we are never in a hurry to leave a cruise ship:D

Have a great time on the Conquest. We loved her both times we were on her. Just be careful in Jamaica, go on a CCL tour, or straight to a "paid" beach. IE Doctor's Cove Beach, right by Margaritaville.

We cruised Conquest 16 - 23 Dec. Our first Platinum cruise. We were traveling with another couple who were on their first cruise. We ask very nicely when we got to the VIP check in area if our friends (who were traveling with us) could check in with us. The lady was most gracious and allowed them to check through with us. As I was told and have now determined it often times will depend on who you talk to when you get to the ship and I bet how you approach it as well. Good luck. BTW the only comment from Carnival staff we heard was "As long as it's only a couple of folks."

Wiat in line with her.She did not earn it or has the right to.Did you pay for her cruise,and all her charges going on your folio? If no, then she should wait.I had some one try that this past November and I spoke up as people take advantage of it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=12473499&postcount=4

Call your PVP or TA and make sure the reservations are cross referenced. Your aunt should and most likely will be able to board with you through the VIP.

We are sailing in Feb. and we have a suite. I purposely booked myself in a different room so the couple travelling with us could board via the VIP. I am platinum so they will get my perk. My kids are in two inside cabins and all 4 of them will also board via the Skippers club. I have never had a problem with this. You shouldn't either. Nobody will know if she is in a suite or a platinum member so don't worry about what others may think.

Have a great cruise !!;)

Thanks a bunch for your replies. Yes she is an adult - 68 years old! LOL! She just gets a little nervous when traveling by herself sometimes. We certainly don't mind waiting in line with her - just thought I'd ask. We have all already had our rooms assigned.

We did not use the same travel agents, but her travel agent somehow tied our reservations together and made sure we will be sitting together at dinner as well.

I definitely don't want to irritate anyone by having her check in with us. I want her first cruise to be fun and stress free, so I'll just skip asking. She would be horrified if I was able to get her to check in with us and other cruisers in line made comments.

Thanks for the info.

We always cruise with 12-16 family members of which 6 of us are Platinum. My mom (and yes I love her but don't always agree with the way she does things) always just puts us all together in a line holding the 2 or 3 Platinum tickets in front of the rest, shows it to the Carnival Rep and tells the Rep standing outside the VIP line, "they're with me" and we always all walk thru!!!

Once inside the terminal or room (depending which Port we're at) noone has ever questioned us.

I'm sure having one 68 year old lady with you will not be a problem. We are with kids under 18 and have never had a problem. Enjoy..

Elaine :)

Platinum is no biggie ! Went to the platinum lounge on my recent cruise and there was only one rep. working and a bunch of pax. We opted to go through the "steerage" lane and it was much faster and the reps (yes two...) were delightful. I was platinum and my cabin mate isn't but I have never had a problem on Carnival (or Princess or Celebrity or RCCL) If I am in a group....we always board as a group and I have never had a problem. I have found platinum on Carnival to be nothing more than a different Sail and Sign card !

Archived