Balcony cabins on Voyager

When we sailed on the newer Voyager Class ships, there was glass on the balconies opposed to steal. I have never been on the original Voyager and am sailing to Bermuda in May on it. I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the balcony cabins on this ship have the glass or is it all steel? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are in cabin 7636. Thanks again.

MARINER and NAVIGATOR have the all class balcony rails. VOYAGER, EXPLORER, and ADVENTURE have a balcony rail that consists of about 2/3 steel, and the top 1/3 glass. You can still sit on your balcony and see through the glass since it's on the top half of the balcony. The only exception is on Deck 6, where the entire balcony rail is steel.

Hope this helps.

Ernie

Helped alot...thanks. You wouldnt happen to know what side the ship ports on in Bermuda would you? I am thinking that being on that side with a view would be better. It ports in Kings Wharf overnight. Thanks.

You got me there! :) I've never sailed VOYAGER to Bermuda, just the Caribbean.

I have docked in Kings Wharf before on other ships, and I think either side would give you a decent view. The dock side will give you a view of the small town and maybe the ocean beyond that. The other side will give you a view of Bermuda itself and it's many inlets, and probably some ocean view as well.

Ernie

When we sailed on the newer Voyager Class ships, there was glass on the balconies opposed to steal. I have never been on the original Voyager and am sailing to Bermuda in May on it. I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the balcony cabins on this ship have the glass or is it all steel? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are in cabin 7636. Thanks again.

don't know if it will help but have current as of last night photos of a balcony on the Explorer. Just go to the photo link below and the interior/exterior photo folder.

Ira

don't know if it will help but have current as of last night photos of a balcony on the Explorer. Just go to the photo link below and the interior/exterior photo folder.

Ira

Great photos! Looking at your balcony shot, I will have to change my ratio to 1/2 steel and 1/2 glass for the balcony rail. I thought the glass was only about 1/3 of the balcony but my memory is a little off as it's been a few years since I sailed on VOYAGER. As I mentioned earlier, the balcony cabins on Deck 6 only have a steel balcony rail, so no glass. If that bothers you then try for a higher deck.

Best,

Ernie

Archived