Countryside/Coffee Tour...Costa Rica

Cruzinnana47

Cruising on Coral Princess, full transit canal in late April-early May, 2008. We are considering this tour, but wonder if anyone has taken it and if so, is it worth the $. It did sound interesting and is supposed to include a lunch. Any comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I did not take the coffee plantation tour but one I would highly recommend is the Eco Tour of the tortugero Canal. Fantastic. Saw alot of monkeys, a huge variety of birds, alligators and sloths. The boat is covered overhead with great viewing from the sides of the boat. Then had a fruit snack and then were transported back to the ship and went by banana plantations. I highly, ighly recommend that tour.

Marilyn

The name of the excursion may have changed so just check out the shore excursion list. I was also on the full transit but back in 2006. You know I just realized that you mean the west coast of Costa Rica. The canals are on the east coast.

Archived