Anyone familair with Princess upgrade for Platinum American Express

It probably works the same way on Princess as it does on Hal. The perks can change year to year. I don't have a Plat Amex but have read about this many, many times on the Hal board.

• It must be a Plat Amex not a Costco Plat Amex, or any other Plat Amex associated with a company.
  • You must have your TA get a tracking number from Amex.
  • The perks for any cruise line that offers this varies. For example Amex no longer provides dinner at the speciality restaraunt on Hal. It could be different on Princess or other cruises lines.

I haven't bee out there in a long time but I know the Amex site lists the perks.

How to get the AE cruise privileges benefit: the agent you booked the cruise with needs to contact AMEX to get a code and apply it to Princess system to get the benefit.

Note:

1. Not all TA are authorized to do that.

2. The only platinum card get the benefit is the one cost 450$ annual fee.

3. Not all the stateroom categories are qualified.

Please check AE website for more detail.

BTW, for HAL, the Pinnacle Grill dinner still apply, but only for 1st night onboard

Thanks for the advice. I spoke to my TA today who spoke to both Amex and Princess, and apparently, Amex gives different promos for different cruise lines and different cruises within a cruise line. For my 12 nt Mediterrean cruise, my Amex gets me a bottle of champagne and dinner at Sabatinis on the first night. Since I'm not a big drinker, I would have preferred an upgrade on my cabin. I guess I should have used a different credit card that gave me cash back!

Wendy

Wendy thanks for posting the info you received. I wasn't aware of the "different cruises within a cruise line on Princess ".

cwc, Thanks for the info on the Pinnacle on Hal. I thought I read where it was dropped but apparently I was wrong. :o

Archived