Two Questions

Jolynn2262

I am booked for the July 9th Baltics and now have a friend who would like to go along. Adding her isn't a problem. My questions arise from something else.

She needs to be back home a day early and I am wondering if Princess would be okay with her getting off the ship in Oslo on the 18th instead of Copenhagen on the 19th. Has anyone done this? It sounds crazy to cut your cruise short but it's the only way she can go and the rest of the 9 days would be worth it. Is there a customs office at the port?

My second question is in regards to the Oslo airport and transportation. I have found that it is a long ways out of Oslo. Does anyone have experience getting from the cruise terminal to the airport in this city? Does anyone know which terminal Princess docks at?

I know the train is much cheaper than a taxi but with luggage it can be hard. I have looked for shuttle services and come up empty. Any advice on either matter or shuttle company used would be much appreciated.

It can be done, but Paul is right, check with your TA or whomever you booked with to check out the proper procedure.

As for getting to the dock, even though it's expensive, I would suggest taking the Princess transfer. We usually travel to regions by which we don't have a grasp of the local language and have found the transfers to be the easiest and most stress free way to get to the dock, especially when a long trip is necessary.

The other suggestion would be to see if there is a roll call started for this particular cruise and see what folks are doing there. Someone might have arranged transportation and would be willing to take on a couple more passengers.

Charlie

Archived