nasau straw market

bill jacobs

Hopefully I can pick a suitable cruise that dont go to Nassau again. Didnt see anything there desirable and the straw market was the most undesirable place in Nassau. I agree with the other poster, Bay St is a much better place to shop.

YUCK! I hated the straw market. It's crowded, and you can smell the rat urine. We bought some tee shirts for friends there, but I am not going to give them to the friends without washing them first. Let me explain that I have horses and live on a farm and am quite accustomed to being "dirty". But being in that straw market made me feel VERY dirty. I will definitely never go there again. Actually, nothing about Nassau impressed us, but we didn't go far from the pier.

The only thing I've seen, worth seeing, is Atlantis over on Paradise Island. It's a great place. You can take a taxi over there and pay an entry fee to tour the aquarium. I did it as a ships tour, and it was still worth it. Other than than, it's the pits, at least in my opinion.

Ken

been to nassau twice and barely made it to the outskirts of the straw market once. it was raining so the crowds were not much of a problem. i like carved wood. we got two manatees on a stand to remember the trip by and i spent $30 on a carved frog bank that after i had it two girls wanted it too so i bought it. vendor says last one hahahahahahah

the frog is kinda neat

Archived