Cave Tubing w/cave-tubing dot com versus NCL excursion

ElizaBenet

Hello!

I am leaving for a cruise on the NCL Spirit out of NOLA next weekend. DH and I were wanting to do the cave tubing experience and noticed that several people recommended using cave-tubing dot com over the excursions you can purchase through NCL. Are there any disadvantages to doing this? Mainly, I was concerned about timing and getting off the boat and meeting up with the cave-tubing people.

I am there on Feb 7th and am booked with Major Tom.He pretty well gaurentees to be back on time as his reputation counts on it.You won't find anything bad about him on here .Its about half the price as booking from your cruise line.Email him and he will ge backl to you in a day or less. Thesawch

We did this on our recent NOS cruise w/cavetubing.com and it was great. For half of the price of the ships tour we got a tubing experience that was twice as long. Just so you know, all of the cave tubing takes place at the same location. The difference is that w/ the above mentioned co. you hike deeper into the rainforest and get into the river further up than the other tours. I will say that you need to make sure that you do whatever you need to do to get very early tender tickets from your ship. The busses leave as they fill up and if you are among the last to come ashore you may be waiting for stragglers.

Go with Major Tom. We were there a month ago and it was great. It rained heavy a day or two before and they cancelled the cruiseline tour. We did it with him and the water wasn't even high so you're not even guaranteed to have a chance to do it with the cruise line. We waited for a couple who never showed up so we left an hour later then we wanted but we still got back to the pier 1 1/2 hours before so we had time to shop even. They are very professional company.

Archived