Transportation to Galveston (Harbor House Hotel) from IAH?

Zobrina

Would appreciate info......our family, there are 16 of us, are on the Conquest in July. We will be flying into IAH the day before embarkation. We are debating on whether to stay in Houston or Galveston. By staying in Houston we can use transfers with Carnival. We would prefer Galveston, but not sure of the best way to get from IAH to Galveston, and then back to IAH, for a late afternoon flight home, the same day we disembark. Does anyone have suggestions?

They will move this to port of calls, but I recommend staying in Galveston. The traffic between Houston and Galveston can be horrible. And, check on a limo with that size of a group it could be very inexpensive, we rented one in Miami for our group and it was only about $7 each. Check port of calls and do a search for Galveston, and will find great info.

Have fun!

Would appreciate info......our family, there are 16 of us, are on the Conquest in July. We will be flying into IAH the day before embarkation. We are debating on whether to stay in Houston or Galveston. By staying in Houston we can use transfers with Carnival. We would prefer Galveston, but not sure of the best way to get from IAH to Galveston, and then back to IAH, for a late afternoon flight home, the same day we disembark. Does anyone have suggestions?

If I remember correct the Carnival transfer runs around $40 per person one way.

a group of 16 is a bit large for a limo with luggage I think.

try calling super shuttle or galveston limo that have shuttle vans.

I used the later for the ecstasy in dec last year and it was cheap..I think 32.00 one way from hobby,.

I would rent cars in Houston and return them in Galveston, and rent cars in Galveston and return them at the airport. We've done that in Florida when sailing out of Cape Canaveral and it's worked well. Someone from the rental car company drove us to the port and picked us up when we returned.

That's what we did and it worked great. That way you have transportation to make any last minute shopping excursions.

Most limo services have vans that will transport a large group and luggage. In Miami the van got detained in Orlando, and they were wondering if it was okay to send a couple limos instead to take us to the hotel, same cost - of course we were dissapointed. They sent a van to take us to the port the next day, 21 or us and our luggage. It was only about $7-8 each/each time - MIA to SoBE, SoBe of port. I have read where some limo services pull a trailer behind for the luggage. And, I agree with Zone, Galveston Limo is a great alternative, I think they run about $40 round trip.

Archived